|By Marketwired .||
|November 27, 2012 05:00 AM EST||
BOSTON, MA and LONDON -- (Marketwire) -- 11/27/12 --
- Today Entuity® announced the general availability of a major new release of its award-winning network management solution (Entuity 13). Unlike typical "service pack" releases, this new version contains significant functional improvements and technology updates. With two product releases annually, Entuity helps keep customers abreast of the latest advances in network infrastructure while helping reduce the overall cost and effort required to manage today's enterprise networks.
- In a recent Network Management Systems Radar Report by Enterprise Management Associates, Entuity was recognized for having the most enthusiastic customers. According to the report, "Entuity customers raved about the intuitive UI, easy deployment, and quality of vendor support received, clearly exceeding expectations on a regular basis."
- Entuity 13 integrates all the requisite, contemporary network management functionality including automated, continual discovery of inventory and topology; configuration monitoring; event alerting and root cause analysis; elemental and flow-based performance; and extensive reporting into a single solution with limitless scalability. Entuity's unique future-proof product architecture provides a rapid development environment ensuring that customers won't need to wait months or years for the ability to monitor the latest advances in network infrastructure and technology.
- Topology Mapping Enhancements - Connectivity links in topology maps are typically established automatically. Occasionally, for a variety of reasons, some devices need to be linked manually. Entuity 13 users are now able, with drag-and-drop ease, to associate handpicked interfaces and devices with manually added links to display their status dynamically for richer and more complete network maps. Event information is now propagated to top-level group icons and manual links for better awareness of issues affecting a group's individual components. A custom topology map may now be included in Entuity Custom Dashboards for improved integration. Additionally, Entuity 13 allows administrators to set read-only maps for specific groups of users.
- Reporting Enhancements - Entuity 13 includes enhancements that allow administrators to quickly review, update and clone existing scheduled reports. A new suite of dashboard optimized mini-reports that help users build richer dashboards more easily and quickly has also been added. In addition to over 100 out-of-the-box reports, several new reports have been added to Entuity 13, including: Port Availability, CPU Capacity Planning, Memory Capacity Planning and Port Bandwidth Capacity Planning.
- User Interface Improvements - Several functional improvements have been made to the Entuity 13 UI to help users work more efficiently and allow them to focus more tightly on business issues. Notable among the UI improvements is one that allows administrators to configure custom dashboards on behalf of other users and another that presents a variety of new Object Status Icons and tool tips to help NOC staff identify and respond to issues with greater speed and ease.
- Script-Based Administration & Configuration Enhancements - Cloud Service Providers and large enterprise administrators frequently need to manipulate large sets of managed network objects. Many of these tasks can be automated by using scripts. Entuity 13 includes new features that allow more administrative tasks to be scripted and run from third-party solutions, including editing community strings; deleting devices; and creating, editing, and deleting IP SLA operations. Also included in this release are enhancements that enable change-triggered collection of device configuration files, helping users stay up-to-date with device configuration changes.
- Flow Analysis Updates - Entuity includes basic Integrated Flow Analysis at no extra charge along with an optional Integrated Flow Analyzer Premium version with enhanced functionality. In Entuity 13, both basic and premium versions of the Integrated Flow Analyzer have been extended with support for Internet Protocol Flow Information Export (IPFIX).
- Updated Device Support - This release includes enhanced support for Cisco ACE, ASA, ASR and MDS devices among others.
- Updated Platform Support - Entuity 13 includes updates to support full migration to 64 bit Linux, Red Hat® Enterprise Server v6 and Oracle® Linux R6.
- Entuity 13 will be available in December for Microsoft® Windows Server® and Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® on both physical and virtualized hardware. Other supported virtual environments include Oracle VM Server & VM Manager, VMwareESX/ESXi & VCenter, and Microsoft Hyper-V.
Supporting References and Quotes
- Quote, attributed to Jim Frey, Managing Research Director, Enterprise Management Associates
"Entuity actively listens to all customer feedback while tightly honing its development schedule to provide two predictable major software releases per year. This tight schedule and willingness to listen to customer needs goes a long way toward keeping operators abreast of the latest network technology."
- Quote, attributed to Petr Dvorak, Senior Product Manager, Entuity
"Network Operators and Administrators don't have a lot of spare time these days. It's always gratifying if we can do something to help save them some time and effort by automating or simplifying as much as we can. Entuity 13 continues along this path with wide ranging enhancements in a number of key areas that benefit from such automated features."
- Quote, attributed to Michael Jannery, President and CEO, Entuity
"For each of the last five years, Entuity has delivered two major product updates to our customers with significant new functionality. Today it is imperative to stay abreast with new technologies and while it's our Engineers and Developers that make this happen, it's our unique underlying architecture that helps make it happen quickly and efficiently."
- Video: Watch a 2 Minute Overview of the Entuity All-in-One Solution
- White Paper: Download the EMA 2012 Network Management Research Summary
- Read the Latest Product Review by the Independent Network Testing Labs
- Check out other Entuity Network Management Resources
Entuity is a leading independent provider of innovative network management software for both large and small networks supporting enterprises worldwide. Entuity helps deliver network predictability and control that enables enterprises, system integrators and cloud service providers to manage network services and assets, meet service level commitments and implement best practices in network service delivery. On a daily basis, the Entuity all-in-one solution helps customers take the work out of network management through future-proof technology, operational efficiency, a sharp business focus, and a high degree of automation.
Entuity is highly regarded for its rapid deployment, ease of use, and low cost of ownership. Entuity customers include organizations such as ABB, Airports Company South Africa, Sanofi, Astra Zeneca, Nokia, BMC Software, CLS Services, DIRECTV, Dell Computer, Pernod Ricard, Grupo Modelo, Air China, and WorldPay. For more information, please visit entuity.com or call (508) 357-6344 (North America) or +44 (0) 20 7444 4800 (EMEA).
Entuity and the Entuity logo are registered trademarks of Entuity, Ltd. All other marks and names mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.
+1.508.357.6344 Ext. 15
In his session at WebRTC Summit, Peter Dunkley, Technical Director at Acision, will look at creating interactive communications via the web by adding messaging, file transfer, and group communication (group chat and audio/video conferencing) into the web experience. He will also discuss potential applications of this technology in areas including B2B, B2C, P2P, and gaming. Peter Dunkley is Technical Director at Acision. He graduated from The University of Edinburgh in 2000 with a BSc (Hons) in Computer Science. After graduation Peter worked on a PSTN switch developing signalling stacks for SS...
May. 6, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 589
The security devil is always in the details of the attack: the ones you've endured, the ones you prepare yourself to fend off, and the ones that, you fear, will catch you completely unaware and defenseless. The Internet of Things (IoT) is nothing if not an endless proliferation of details. It's the vision of a world in which continuous Internet connectivity and addressability is embedded into a growing range of human artifacts, into the natural world, and even into our smartphones, appliances, and physical persons. In the IoT vision, every new "thing" - sensor, actuator, data source, data con...
May. 6, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 5,454
What if, during a snow emergency, an on-the-ground sensor could automatically trigger a relevant emergency notification related to snowfall and road impact. And then, after it’s triggered, that notification is delivered intelligently to individuals based on an extensive set of rules designed to alert the most available and capable responders. This “what if” question about “smart highways” is short-sighted. We are already there, and we are only getting started. While mainstream attention is paid to machine-to-machine communications, new technologies are being developed to make these communica...
May. 6, 2015 10:26 AM EDT
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover how hardware commoditization, the ubiquitous nature of connectivity, and the emergence of Big Data a...
May. 6, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,625
Avnet, Inc. has announced that it ranked No. 4 on the InformationWeek Elite 100 – a list of the top business technology innovators in the U.S. Avnet was recognized for the development of an innovative cloud-based training system that serves as the foundation for Avnet Academy – the company’s education and training organization focused on technical training around top IT vendor technologies. The development of this system allowed Avnet to quickly expand its IT-related training capabilities around the world, while creating a new service that Avnet and its IT solution providers can offer to their...
May. 6, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 995
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
May. 6, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,476
Scott Jenson leads a project called The Physical Web within the Chrome team at Google. Project members are working to take the scalability and openness of the web and use it to talk to the exponentially exploding range of smart devices. Nearly every company today working on the IoT comes up with the same basic solution: use my server and you'll be fine. But if we really believe there will be trillions of these devices, that just can't scale. We need a system that is open a scalable and by using the URL as a basic building block, we open this up and get the same resilience that the web enjoys.
May. 6, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 6,016
Chuck Piluso will present a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Speaker Bio: Prior to Data Storage Corporation (DSC), Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Telecommunications Corporation, a facilities-based international carrier licensed by t...
May. 6, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 913
There are lots of challenges in IoT around secure, scalable and business friendly infrastructure for enterprises. For large corporations, IoT implementations are one of the top priorities of the decade. All industries are seeing a competitive need to sustain by investing in IoT initiatives. The value addition comes from improved customer service, innovative product and additional revenue streams. The data from these IP-connected devices can be leveraged for a variety of business applications as well as responsive action controls. The various architectural building blocks of an IoT ...
May. 6, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,178
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal an...
May. 6, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 775
The Internet of Things Maturity Model (IoTMM) is a qualitative method to gauge the growth and increasing impact of IoT capabilities in an IT environment from both a business and technology perspective. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan will first scan the IoT landscape and investigate the major challenges and barriers. The key areas of consideration are identified to get started with IoT journey. He will then pinpoint the need of a tool for effective IoT adoption and implementation, which leads to IoTMM in which five maturity levels are defined: Advanced, Dynamic, Optimized, Primitive,...
May. 6, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,241
The recent trends like cloud computing, social, mobile and Internet of Things are forcing enterprises to modernize in order to compete in the competitive globalized markets. However, enterprises are approaching newer technologies with a more silo-ed way, gaining only sub optimal benefits. The Modern Enterprise model is presented as a newer way to think of enterprise IT, which takes a more holistic approach to embracing modern technologies.
May. 6, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,928
What exactly is a cognitive application? In her session at 16th Cloud Expo, Ashley Hathaway, Product Manager at IBM Watson, will look at the services being offered by the IBM Watson Developer Cloud and what that means for developers and Big Data. She'll explore how IBM Watson and its partnerships will continue to grow and help define what it means to be a cognitive service, as well as take a look at the offerings on Bluemix. She will also check out how Watson and the Alchemy API team up to offer disruptive APIs to developers.
May. 6, 2015 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,336
SYS-CON Events announced today that Site24x7, the cloud infrastructure monitoring service, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Site24x7 is a cloud infrastructure monitoring service that helps monitor the uptime and performance of websites, online applications, servers, mobile websites and custom APIs. The monitoring is done from 50+ locations across the world and from various wireless carriers, thus providing a global perspective of the end-user experience. Site24x7 supports monitoring H...
May. 6, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,601
The Workspace-as-a-Service (WaaS) market will grow to $6.4B by 2018. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Seth Bostock, CEO of IndependenceIT, will begin by walking the audience through the evolution of Workspace as-a-Service, where it is now vs. where it going. To look beyond the desktop we must understand exactly what WaaS is, who the users are, and where it is going in the future. IT departments, ISVs and service providers must look to workflow and automation capabilities to adapt to growing demand and the rapidly changing workspace model.
May. 6, 2015 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,169
SYS-CON Events announced today that SafeLogic has been named “Bag Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo® New York, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. SafeLogic provides security products for applications in mobile and server/appliance environments. SafeLogic’s flagship product CryptoComply is a FIPS 140-2 validated cryptographic engine designed to secure data on servers, workstations, appliances, mobile devices, and in the Cloud.
May. 6, 2015 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,625
SYS-CON Events announced today that Akana, formerly SOA Software, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo® New York, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Akana’s comprehensive suite of API Management, API Security, Integrated SOA Governance, and Cloud Integration solutions helps businesses accelerate digital transformation by securely extending their reach across multiple channels – mobile, cloud and Internet of Things. Akana enables enterprises to share data as APIs, connect and integrate applications, drive part...
May. 6, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,600
SYS-CON Events announced today that Open Data Centers (ODC), a carrier-neutral colocation provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Open Data Centers is a carrier-neutral data center operator in New Jersey and New York City offering alternative connectivity options for carriers, service providers and enterprise customers.
May. 6, 2015 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,370
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dyn, the worldwide leader in Internet Performance, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Dyn is a cloud-based Internet Performance company. Dyn helps companies monitor, control, and optimize online infrastructure for an exceptional end-user experience. Through a world-class network and unrivaled, objective intelligence into Internet conditions, Dyn ensures traffic gets delivered faster, safer, and more reliably than ever.
May. 6, 2015 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,062
DevOps tends to focus on the relationship between Dev and Ops, putting an emphasis on the ops and application infrastructure. But that’s changing with microservices architectures. In her session at DevOps Summit, Lori MacVittie, Evangelist for F5 Networks, will focus on how microservices are changing the underlying architectures needed to scale, secure and deliver applications based on highly distributed (micro) services and why that means an expansion into “the network” for DevOps.
May. 6, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,938