|By Marketwired .||
|November 27, 2012 05:00 AM EST||
BOSTON, MA and LONDON -- (Marketwire) -- 11/27/12 --
- Today Entuity® announced the general availability of a major new release of its award-winning network management solution (Entuity 13). Unlike typical "service pack" releases, this new version contains significant functional improvements and technology updates. With two product releases annually, Entuity helps keep customers abreast of the latest advances in network infrastructure while helping reduce the overall cost and effort required to manage today's enterprise networks.
- In a recent Network Management Systems Radar Report by Enterprise Management Associates, Entuity was recognized for having the most enthusiastic customers. According to the report, "Entuity customers raved about the intuitive UI, easy deployment, and quality of vendor support received, clearly exceeding expectations on a regular basis."
- Entuity 13 integrates all the requisite, contemporary network management functionality including automated, continual discovery of inventory and topology; configuration monitoring; event alerting and root cause analysis; elemental and flow-based performance; and extensive reporting into a single solution with limitless scalability. Entuity's unique future-proof product architecture provides a rapid development environment ensuring that customers won't need to wait months or years for the ability to monitor the latest advances in network infrastructure and technology.
- Topology Mapping Enhancements - Connectivity links in topology maps are typically established automatically. Occasionally, for a variety of reasons, some devices need to be linked manually. Entuity 13 users are now able, with drag-and-drop ease, to associate handpicked interfaces and devices with manually added links to display their status dynamically for richer and more complete network maps. Event information is now propagated to top-level group icons and manual links for better awareness of issues affecting a group's individual components. A custom topology map may now be included in Entuity Custom Dashboards for improved integration. Additionally, Entuity 13 allows administrators to set read-only maps for specific groups of users.
- Reporting Enhancements - Entuity 13 includes enhancements that allow administrators to quickly review, update and clone existing scheduled reports. A new suite of dashboard optimized mini-reports that help users build richer dashboards more easily and quickly has also been added. In addition to over 100 out-of-the-box reports, several new reports have been added to Entuity 13, including: Port Availability, CPU Capacity Planning, Memory Capacity Planning and Port Bandwidth Capacity Planning.
- User Interface Improvements - Several functional improvements have been made to the Entuity 13 UI to help users work more efficiently and allow them to focus more tightly on business issues. Notable among the UI improvements is one that allows administrators to configure custom dashboards on behalf of other users and another that presents a variety of new Object Status Icons and tool tips to help NOC staff identify and respond to issues with greater speed and ease.
- Script-Based Administration & Configuration Enhancements - Cloud Service Providers and large enterprise administrators frequently need to manipulate large sets of managed network objects. Many of these tasks can be automated by using scripts. Entuity 13 includes new features that allow more administrative tasks to be scripted and run from third-party solutions, including editing community strings; deleting devices; and creating, editing, and deleting IP SLA operations. Also included in this release are enhancements that enable change-triggered collection of device configuration files, helping users stay up-to-date with device configuration changes.
- Flow Analysis Updates - Entuity includes basic Integrated Flow Analysis at no extra charge along with an optional Integrated Flow Analyzer Premium version with enhanced functionality. In Entuity 13, both basic and premium versions of the Integrated Flow Analyzer have been extended with support for Internet Protocol Flow Information Export (IPFIX).
- Updated Device Support - This release includes enhanced support for Cisco ACE, ASA, ASR and MDS devices among others.
- Updated Platform Support - Entuity 13 includes updates to support full migration to 64 bit Linux, Red Hat® Enterprise Server v6 and Oracle® Linux R6.
- Entuity 13 will be available in December for Microsoft® Windows Server® and Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® on both physical and virtualized hardware. Other supported virtual environments include Oracle VM Server & VM Manager, VMwareESX/ESXi & VCenter, and Microsoft Hyper-V.
Supporting References and Quotes
- Quote, attributed to Jim Frey, Managing Research Director, Enterprise Management Associates
"Entuity actively listens to all customer feedback while tightly honing its development schedule to provide two predictable major software releases per year. This tight schedule and willingness to listen to customer needs goes a long way toward keeping operators abreast of the latest network technology."
- Quote, attributed to Petr Dvorak, Senior Product Manager, Entuity
"Network Operators and Administrators don't have a lot of spare time these days. It's always gratifying if we can do something to help save them some time and effort by automating or simplifying as much as we can. Entuity 13 continues along this path with wide ranging enhancements in a number of key areas that benefit from such automated features."
- Quote, attributed to Michael Jannery, President and CEO, Entuity
"For each of the last five years, Entuity has delivered two major product updates to our customers with significant new functionality. Today it is imperative to stay abreast with new technologies and while it's our Engineers and Developers that make this happen, it's our unique underlying architecture that helps make it happen quickly and efficiently."
- Video: Watch a 2 Minute Overview of the Entuity All-in-One Solution
- White Paper: Download the EMA 2012 Network Management Research Summary
- Read the Latest Product Review by the Independent Network Testing Labs
- Check out other Entuity Network Management Resources
Entuity is a leading independent provider of innovative network management software for both large and small networks supporting enterprises worldwide. Entuity helps deliver network predictability and control that enables enterprises, system integrators and cloud service providers to manage network services and assets, meet service level commitments and implement best practices in network service delivery. On a daily basis, the Entuity all-in-one solution helps customers take the work out of network management through future-proof technology, operational efficiency, a sharp business focus, and a high degree of automation.
Entuity is highly regarded for its rapid deployment, ease of use, and low cost of ownership. Entuity customers include organizations such as ABB, Airports Company South Africa, Sanofi, Astra Zeneca, Nokia, BMC Software, CLS Services, DIRECTV, Dell Computer, Pernod Ricard, Grupo Modelo, Air China, and WorldPay. For more information, please visit entuity.com or call (508) 357-6344 (North America) or +44 (0) 20 7444 4800 (EMEA).
Entuity and the Entuity logo are registered trademarks of Entuity, Ltd. All other marks and names mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.
+1.508.357.6344 Ext. 15
"People are a lot more knowledgeable about APIs now. There are two types of people who work with APIs - IT people who want to use APIs for something internal and the product managers who want to do something outside APIs for people to connect to them," explained Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 30, 2015 02:30 PM EST Reads: 4,462
Performance is the intersection of power, agility, control, and choice. If you value performance, and more specifically consistent performance, you need to look beyond simple virtualized compute. Many factors need to be considered to create a truly performant environment. In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Sr. Software Architect at SoftLayer, discussed how to take advantage of a multitude of compute options and platform features to make cloud the cornerstone of your online presence.
Jan. 30, 2015 02:15 PM EST Reads: 5,242
In this Women in Technology Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo, moderated by Anne Plese, Senior Consultant, Cloud Product Marketing at Verizon Enterprise, Esmeralda Swartz, CMO at MetraTech; Evelyn de Souza, Data Privacy and Compliance Strategy Leader at Cisco Systems; Seema Jethani, Director of Product Management at Basho Technologies; Victoria Livschitz, CEO of Qubell Inc.; Anne Hungate, Senior Director of Software Quality at DIRECTV, discussed what path they took to find their spot within the technology industry and how do they see opportunities for other women in their area of expertise.
Jan. 30, 2015 01:45 PM EST Reads: 3,709
Wearable devices have come of age. The primary applications of wearables so far have been "the Quantified Self" or the tracking of one's fitness and health status. We propose the evolution of wearables into social and emotional communication devices. Our BE(tm) sensor uses light to visualize the skin conductance response. Our sensors are very inexpensive and can be massively distributed to audiences or groups of any size, in order to gauge reactions to performances, video, or any kind of presentation. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Jocelyn Scheirer, CEO & Founder of Bionolux, will discuss ho...
Jan. 30, 2015 01:15 PM EST Reads: 3,092
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete at launch. DevOps may be disruptive, but it is essential.
Jan. 30, 2015 01:15 PM EST Reads: 4,344
Almost everyone sees the potential of Internet of Things but how can businesses truly unlock that potential. The key will be in the ability to discover business insight in the midst of an ocean of Big Data generated from billions of embedded devices via Systems of Discover. Businesses will also need to ensure that they can sustain that insight by leveraging the cloud for global reach, scale and elasticity.
Jan. 30, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 6,136
“With easy-to-use SDKs for Atmel’s platforms, IoT developers can now reap the benefits of realtime communication, and bypass the security pitfalls and configuration complexities that put IoT deployments at risk,” said Todd Greene, founder & CEO of PubNub. PubNub will team with Atmel at CES 2015 to launch full SDK support for Atmel’s MCU, MPU, and Wireless SoC platforms. Atmel developers now have access to PubNub’s secure Publish/Subscribe messaging with guaranteed ¼ second latencies across PubNub’s 14 global points-of-presence. PubNub delivers secure communication through firewalls, proxy ser...
Jan. 30, 2015 12:45 PM EST Reads: 2,546
We’re no longer looking to the future for the IoT wave. It’s no longer a distant dream but a reality that has arrived. It’s now time to make sure the industry is in alignment to meet the IoT growing pains – cooperate and collaborate as well as innovate. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jim Hunter, Chief Scientist & Technology Evangelist at Greenwave Systems, will examine the key ingredients to IoT success and identify solutions to challenges the industry is facing. The deep industry expertise behind this presentation will provide attendees with a leading edge view of rapidly emerging IoT oppor...
Jan. 30, 2015 12:45 PM EST Reads: 2,891
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Jan. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 10,610
Connected devices and the Internet of Things are getting significant momentum in 2014. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Hunter, Chief Scientist & Technology Evangelist at Greenwave Systems, examined three key elements that together will drive mass adoption of the IoT before the end of 2015. The first element is the recent advent of robust open source protocols (like AllJoyn and WebRTC) that facilitate M2M communication. The second is broad availability of flexible, cost-effective storage designed to handle the massive surge in back-end data in a world where timely analytics is e...
Jan. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 4,477
The Internet of Things will put IT to its ultimate test by creating infinite new opportunities to digitize products and services, generate and analyze new data to improve customer satisfaction, and discover new ways to gain a competitive advantage across nearly every industry. In order to help corporate business units to capitalize on the rapidly evolving IoT opportunities, IT must stand up to a new set of challenges. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jeff Kaplan, Managing Director of THINKstrategies, will examine why IT must finally fulfill its role in support of its SBUs or face a new round of...
Jan. 30, 2015 11:45 AM EST Reads: 4,609
"There is a natural synchronization between the business models, the IoT is there to support ,” explained Brendan O'Brien, Co-founder and Chief Architect of Aria Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 15th International Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 30, 2015 11:45 AM EST Reads: 4,939
The BPM world is going through some evolution or changes where traditional business process management solutions really have nowhere to go in terms of development of the road map. In this demo at 15th Cloud Expo, Kyle Hansen, Director of Professional Services at AgilePoint, shows AgilePoint’s unique approach to dealing with this market circumstance by developing a rapid application composition or development framework.
Jan. 30, 2015 11:30 AM EST Reads: 3,699
The Internet of Things will greatly expand the opportunities for data collection and new business models driven off of that data. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Esmeralda Swartz, CMO of MetraTech, discussed how for this to be effective you not only need to have infrastructure and operational models capable of utilizing this new phenomenon, but increasingly service providers will need to convince a skeptical public to participate. Get ready to show them the money!
Jan. 30, 2015 11:30 AM EST Reads: 4,898
ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is bringing a greater level of control, security and flexibility to cloud-based application development and delivery with a single-tenant version of Bluemix, IBM's platform-as-a-service. The new platform enables developers to build ap...
Jan. 30, 2015 11:15 AM EST Reads: 5,136
Building low-cost wearable devices can enhance the quality of our lives. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Sai Yamanoor, Embedded Software Engineer at Altschool, provided an example of putting together a small keychain within a $50 budget that educates the user about the air quality in their surroundings. He also provided examples such as building a wearable device that provides transit or recreational information. He then reviewed the resources available to build wearable devices at home including open source hardware, the raw materials required and the options available to power s...
Jan. 30, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 3,904
The Internet of Things promises to transform businesses (and lives), but navigating the business and technical path to success can be difficult to understand. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sean Lorenz, Technical Product Manager for Xively at LogMeIn, demonstrated how to approach creating broadly successful connected customer solutions using real world business transformation studies including New England BioLabs and more.
Jan. 30, 2015 10:45 AM EST Reads: 4,714
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover how hardware commoditization, the ubiquitous nature of connectivity, and the emergence of Big Data a...
Jan. 30, 2015 10:45 AM EST Reads: 4,394
We certainly live in interesting technological times. And no more interesting than the current competing IoT standards for connectivity. Various standards bodies, approaches, and ecosystems are vying for mindshare and positioning for a competitive edge. It is clear that when the dust settles, we will have new protocols, evolved protocols, that will change the way we interact with devices and infrastructure. We will also have evolved web protocols, like HTTP/2, that will be changing the very core of our infrastructures. At the same time, we have old approaches made new again like micro-services...
Jan. 30, 2015 10:30 AM EST Reads: 4,093
Enthusiasm for the Internet of Things has reached an all-time high. In 2013 alone, venture capitalists spent more than $1 billion dollars investing in the IoT space. With "smart" appliances and devices, IoT covers wearable smart devices, cloud services to hardware companies. Nest, a Google company, detects temperatures inside homes and automatically adjusts it by tracking its user's habit. These technologies are quickly developing and with it come challenges such as bridging infrastructure gaps, abiding by privacy concerns and making the concept a reality. These challenges can't be addressed w...
Jan. 30, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 4,670