|By Marketwired .||
|December 5, 2012 09:00 AM EST||
FRAMINGHAM, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/05/12 -- IDG's Computerworld -- the IT media brand dedicated to providing peer perspective, IT leadership and business results -- announces the 2013 Computerworld Premier 100 IT Leaders honorees, as well as highlights for the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference. The awards program features leaders, from both the technology and business sides of companies, for their exceptional technology leadership, innovative solutions to business challenges and effective management of IT strategies.
The Premier 100 honorees and their achievements will be highlighted in the February 25, 2013 issue of Computerworld, on Computerworld.com and recognized during the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference, being held March 3-5, 2013, at the JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa in Tucson, Arizona.
"The Premier 100 awards program showcases the exceptional work of a dedicated group of senior IT leaders who are driving huge change in their organizations," said Scot Finnie, editor in chief of Computerworld. "Every day, these exemplary business leaders make strategic technology decisions that track to their organizations' top priorities. These men and women keep a keen eye on the changing landscape of political, economic, regulatory and technology trends that are driving significant shifts in IT. We are very pleased to recognize the leadership and achievements of the 2013 Premier 100 honorees."
In addition to honoring the 2013 Premier 100 recipients and learning from their success stories, the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference agenda is packed with leading IT executives sharing strategies and best practices designed to help IT decision-makers find innovative solutions to their IT challenges. Along with the many Premier 100 honorees speaking at the 2013 conference, the following top IT executives will also be sharing their insight:
- Daphne Jones, Chief Information Officer, Hospira, Inc.
- Tom Soderstrom, IT CTO, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Carol Zierhoffer, Chief Information Officer, Xerox Corporation
- The full agenda can be viewed at www.Premier100.com
"For the past 14 years, Computerworld has been honoring the 100 top IT and business executives at the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference, and we are very proud to induct the 2013 recipients into this prestigious group," said John Amato, VP and publisher of Computerworld. "The Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference has emerged as the nation's leading and largest peer to peer conference for senior IT and business executives to discuss IT strategy, technology trends, and actionable plans for driving their business forward. Peer based strategies for deploying big data, cloud, mobility, consumer technologies, predictive analytics and more will lead general session presentations and will continue with conversations during networking receptions and informal gatherings. In addition to learning from peers, attendees can discover new IT solutions from sponsoring companies like Good for Enterprise, IBM and Ping Identity."
2013 Premier 100 Honorees:
- Steven B. Ambrose, Vice president & CIO, DTE Energy
- Saad Ayub, Senior vice president & CIO, Scholastic Inc.
- Loren Bast, Director of business intelligence, Cheezburger
- Gary Bateman, CIO, Iowa Workforce Development
- Judith L. Batenburg, Vice president, IT infrastructure & operations, Starz Entertainment
- Robin H. Beck, Vice president, information systems & computing, University of Pennsylvania
- Todd Bell, Senior vice president of IT infrastructure management, Verizon
- Cathy Bessant, Global technology & operations executive, Bank of America
- Horace Blackman, Facility CIO & director, Department of Veterans Affairs
- George M. Brenckle, Senior vice president & CIO, UMass Memorial Health Care
- Thomas A. Bres, Vice president & CIO, Sparrow Health System
- Brandon W. Brown, CIO, Trident Marketing
- Oliver Bussmann, Executive vice president & CIO, SAP AG
- Matt Butcher, CIO, Karl Storz Endoskope
- Vince Campisi, CIO & lean leader, GE Intelligent Platforms
- Paul J. Capizzi, former Vice president of technology, SBLI USA
- Lakshman Charanjiva, Vice president & CIO, NextEra Energy Inc.
- Kevin Chase, CIO & senior vice president, Energy Future Holdings
- Sonya M. Christian, CIO, West Georgia Health
- Andy H.W. Chun, CIO, City University of Hong Kong
- Linda W. Clement-Holmes, Senior vice president, global business services, Procter & Gamble
- Lee A. Congdon, CIO, Red Hat Inc.
- Marlo Donate, Director, enterprise applications & digital services, Toyota Financial Services
- John Donovan, Senior executive vice president - AT&T Technology and Network Operations, AT&T Inc.
- Chad A. Eckes, CIO, Cancer Treatment Centers of America
- Joseph Eckroth, Senior vice president & CIO, The Hertz Corp.
- Curtis D. Edge, CIO, The First Church of Christ, Scientist
- Tim Elkins, Senior vice president & CIO, PrimeLending, a PlainsCapital Company
- Michael Fergang, Vice president & CIO, The Grange Mutual Casualty Group
- Timothy M. Ferrarell, Senior vice president & CIO, W.W. Grainger Inc.
- Randall Gaboriault, Vice president & CIO, Christiana Care Health System
- JR Gamez, Chief of police, Redwood City Police Department
- Emad Georgy, CTO, North America, Experian Marketing Services
- Darren W. Ghanayem, Vice president, information officer, WellPoint Inc.
- Richard L. Gilbert, Senior vice president, Technology Services, SunTrust Banks Inc.
- Tom Gill, Vice president of IT & CIO, Plantronics
- Kai Gray, Vice president, Operations, Carbonite Inc.
- Gary K. Hensley, Director, IT, Clif Bar and Co.
- Kris Herrin, CTO, Heartland Payment Systems
- Blake K. Holman, Senior vice president & CIO, Ryan LLC
- Stan M. Hoptroff, Infrastructure services director, Southern Company Services
- Jeanette Horan, Vice president & CIO, IBM
- Don Imholz, Executive vice president & CIO, Centene Corp.
- Malcolm D. Jackson, Assistant administrator & CIO, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Brad P. Kenney, Vice president of Enterprise Infrastructure, Avnet Inc.
- Robert G. Krestakos, CIO, Steelcase Inc.
- Warren Kudman, Vice president & CIO, Sealed Air Corp.
- Mujib Lodhi, CIO, Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission
- Garry Lyons, Chief innovation officer, Mastercard WorldWide
- Richard A. Maranville, Executive vice president & CIO, Freeman Co.
- Lucille Mayer, Co-CIO, Pershing LLC/Ramaswamy Nagappan, Co-CIO, Pershing LLC
- Michelle R. McKenna-Doyle, Senior vice president & CIO, National Football League
- Theresa Meadows, Senior vice president & CIO, Cook Children's Health Care System
- Robert Meikle, CIO, City of Brampton
- Ahmet M. Mendi, CIO, Ulkar Holding A.S.
- Greg Meyers, Vice president, IT, Biogen Idec
- Steve Mills, CIO, Rackspace Hosting
- Mark Moroses, Senior vice president & CIO, Continuum Health Partners Inc.
- Cynthia J. Nustad, Senior vice president & CIO, HMS
- Marco S. Orellana, CIO & CSO, CODELCO
- Tarun Pandey, Vice president, IT, Aditya Birla Financial Services Group
- Tamara S. Payne, Senior vice president, IT, FedEx Services
- Juan R. Perez, Vice president, UPS Information Services, UPS
- John A. Prusnick, Director, IT innovation & strategy, Hyatt Hotels Corp.
- Paul R. Quinn, Strategic execution officer & CIO, Duke Realty Corp.
- Stephanie L. Reel, Senior vice president & CIO, Johns Hopkins Health System
- Mark Reilley, Diector, IT, Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
- Rebecca R. Rhoads, Vice president & CIO, Raytheon Co.
- Brian S. Rice, Senior vice president &CIO, Kellogg Co.
- Jason Rieger, CTO, FireHost
- Imran Sayeed, Senior vice president & CTO, NTT Data Inc.
- Greg Schaffer, Executive vice president & CISO, FIS
- Kathleen M. Scheirman, Senior vice president, IT, corporate services business information officer, Kaiser Permanente
- David Schmoock, President Lenovo North America & senior vice president Lenovo Group, Lenovo
- Edward Schwartz, Vice president & CSO, RSA, The Security Division of EMC
- Hugh Scott, CIO , Energy Plus
- Mike Scott, Director of application architecture, Scottrade Inc.
- Mark Settle, CIO, BMC Software
- Monique S. Shivanandan, Senior vice president & CTO, Capital One Financial Corp
- Tami Shoham, Head of information systems & technology Europe and Israel, Applied Materials
- Henry J. Sienkiewicz, Vice chief information assurance executive, Defense Information Systems Agency
- Pradip Sitaram, Senior vice president & CIO, Enterprise Community Partners Inc.
- Mark S. Smith, Vice president & CIO, American Water Works Co. Inc.
- Thomas W. Smith, Executive vice president, health information technology, NorthShore University HealthSystem
- Steven G. Snyder, CIO/CTO, Massachusetts Convention Center Authority
- Denise L. Stephens, CIO, Idaho National Laboratory
- Kim S. Stevenson, Vice president & CIO, Intel Corp.
- Michael J. Sylvester II, Assistant director & department CIO, Los Angeles County Department of Public Social Services
- Darren Tedesco, Managing principal, Innovation & Strategy, Commonwealth Financial Network
- William T. Thirsk, Vice president of IT, Marist College
- Richard I. Thomas, CIO, Quintiles
- B Venkatakrishnan, Head of IT, Mahindra Vehicle Manufacturers Ltd
- Dee K. Waddell, Group information officer, Marketing, Amtrak
- Lincoln Wallen, CTO, DreamWorks Animation
- Jon Walton, CIO, City & County of San Francisco
- Rudiger Wolf, Vice president & CIO, Puget Sound Energy
- Nancy Wolk, CIO, Alcoa Inc.
- Mark Wright, CIO, Inmar
- Walter Yosafat, Senior vice president & CIO, Wyndham Worldwide
- Tony Young, Senior vice president & CIO, Informatica Corp.
About the Premier 100
The Premier 100 program was created in 2000 to spotlight individuals who have had a positive impact on their organizations through technology. These are individuals who manage internal IT organizations, mentor and motivate their IT teams and business colleagues, create a positive work environment, envision innovative solutions to business challenges and effectively manage and execute IT strategies. Each year nominees are invited to complete a survey that addresses a number of topics, including their background and experience and their attitude toward risk and innovation. Using Computerworld's IT Leader Index, which is a measurement of how closely an individual matches our definition of the IT Leader, we analyze the data. Each year, 100 honorees are selected to receive this life-time recognition award. Information on previous honorees can be viewed at: http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9065479/Premier_100_IT_Leaders
Computerworld is the leading source of technology news and information for IT influencers, providing peer perspective, IT leadership and business results. Computerworld's award-winning website (www.computerworld.com), bi-weekly publication, focused conference series, custom solutions and custom research forms the hub of the world's largest (40+ edition) global IT media network and provides opportunities for IT solutions providers to engage this audience. Computerworld leads the industry with an online audience of over 3.5 million unique, monthly visitors (Omniture, August 2012) and was recognized as the Best Website by ASBPE and TABPI in 2012. Computerworld is published by IDG Enterprise, a subsidiary of International Data Group (IDG), the world's leading media, events and research company. Company information is available at www.idgenterprise.com.
Marketing & PR Specialist
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus o...
Jan. 18, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 4,177
Big Data engines are powering a lot of service businesses right now. Data is collected from users from wearable technologies, web behaviors, purchase behavior as well as several arbitrary data points we’d never think of. The demand for faster and bigger engines to crunch and serve up the data to services is growing exponentially. You see a LOT of correlation between “Cloud” and “Big Data” but on Big Data and “Hybrid,” where hybrid hosting is the sanest approach to the Big Data Infrastructure pro...
Jan. 18, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 4,857
In his General Session at 16th Cloud Expo, David Shacochis, host of The Hybrid IT Files podcast and Vice President at CenturyLink, investigated three key trends of the “gigabit economy" though the story of a Fortune 500 communications company in transformation. Narrating how multi-modal hybrid IT, service automation, and agile delivery all intersect, he will cover the role of storytelling and empathy in achieving strategic alignment between the enterprise and its information technology.
Jan. 18, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 4,554
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists peeled away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud enviro...
Jan. 18, 2017 04:30 PM EST Reads: 4,741
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 18, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 3,676
"LinearHub provides smart video conferencing, which is the Roundee service, and we archive all the video conferences and we also provide the transcript," stated Sunghyuk Kim, CEO of LinearHub, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 18, 2017 02:45 PM EST Reads: 1,587
Things are changing so quickly in IoT that it would take a wizard to predict which ecosystem will gain the most traction. In order for IoT to reach its potential, smart devices must be able to work together. Today, there are a slew of interoperability standards being promoted by big names to make this happen: HomeKit, Brillo and Alljoyn. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Adam Justice, vice president and general manager of Grid Connect, will review what happens when smart devices don’t work togethe...
Jan. 18, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 387
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 18, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 5,598
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 18, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 5,098
Discover top technologies and tools all under one roof at April 24–28, 2017, at the Westin San Diego in San Diego, CA. Explore the Mobile Dev + Test and IoT Dev + Test Expo and enjoy all of these unique opportunities: The latest solutions, technologies, and tools in mobile or IoT software development and testing. Meet one-on-one with representatives from some of today's most innovative organizations
Jan. 18, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 1,533
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 18, 2017 12:00 PM EST Reads: 4,228
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and E...
Jan. 18, 2017 12:00 PM EST Reads: 5,758
SYS-CON Events announced today that Linux Academy, the foremost online Linux and cloud training platform and community, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. Industry leaders in quality training, provided services, and student certification passes, its goal is to c...
Jan. 18, 2017 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,945
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Jan. 18, 2017 10:30 AM EST Reads: 3,106
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 18, 2017 09:45 AM EST Reads: 11,555
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Jan. 18, 2017 08:15 AM EST Reads: 5,980
"A lot of times people will come to us and have a very diverse set of requirements or very customized need and we'll help them to implement it in a fashion that you can't just buy off of the shelf," explained Nick Rose, CTO of Enzu, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 18, 2017 07:45 AM EST Reads: 4,636
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Jan. 18, 2017 06:45 AM EST Reads: 2,768
Every successful software product evolves from an idea to an enterprise system. Notably, the same way is passed by the product owner's company. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Oleg Lola, CEO of MobiDev, will provide a generalized overview of the evolution of a software product, the product owner, the needs that arise at various stages of this process, and the value brought by a software development partner to the product owner as a response to these needs.
Jan. 18, 2017 06:30 AM EST Reads: 1,187
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, introduced the technologies required for implementing these idea...
Jan. 18, 2017 06:30 AM EST Reads: 4,638