|By Marketwired .||
|December 5, 2012 09:00 AM EST||
FRAMINGHAM, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/05/12 -- IDG's Computerworld -- the IT media brand dedicated to providing peer perspective, IT leadership and business results -- announces the 2013 Computerworld Premier 100 IT Leaders honorees, as well as highlights for the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference. The awards program features leaders, from both the technology and business sides of companies, for their exceptional technology leadership, innovative solutions to business challenges and effective management of IT strategies.
The Premier 100 honorees and their achievements will be highlighted in the February 25, 2013 issue of Computerworld, on Computerworld.com and recognized during the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference, being held March 3-5, 2013, at the JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa in Tucson, Arizona.
"The Premier 100 awards program showcases the exceptional work of a dedicated group of senior IT leaders who are driving huge change in their organizations," said Scot Finnie, editor in chief of Computerworld. "Every day, these exemplary business leaders make strategic technology decisions that track to their organizations' top priorities. These men and women keep a keen eye on the changing landscape of political, economic, regulatory and technology trends that are driving significant shifts in IT. We are very pleased to recognize the leadership and achievements of the 2013 Premier 100 honorees."
In addition to honoring the 2013 Premier 100 recipients and learning from their success stories, the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference agenda is packed with leading IT executives sharing strategies and best practices designed to help IT decision-makers find innovative solutions to their IT challenges. Along with the many Premier 100 honorees speaking at the 2013 conference, the following top IT executives will also be sharing their insight:
- Daphne Jones, Chief Information Officer, Hospira, Inc.
- Tom Soderstrom, IT CTO, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Carol Zierhoffer, Chief Information Officer, Xerox Corporation
- The full agenda can be viewed at www.Premier100.com
"For the past 14 years, Computerworld has been honoring the 100 top IT and business executives at the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference, and we are very proud to induct the 2013 recipients into this prestigious group," said John Amato, VP and publisher of Computerworld. "The Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference has emerged as the nation's leading and largest peer to peer conference for senior IT and business executives to discuss IT strategy, technology trends, and actionable plans for driving their business forward. Peer based strategies for deploying big data, cloud, mobility, consumer technologies, predictive analytics and more will lead general session presentations and will continue with conversations during networking receptions and informal gatherings. In addition to learning from peers, attendees can discover new IT solutions from sponsoring companies like Good for Enterprise, IBM and Ping Identity."
2013 Premier 100 Honorees:
- Steven B. Ambrose, Vice president & CIO, DTE Energy
- Saad Ayub, Senior vice president & CIO, Scholastic Inc.
- Loren Bast, Director of business intelligence, Cheezburger
- Gary Bateman, CIO, Iowa Workforce Development
- Judith L. Batenburg, Vice president, IT infrastructure & operations, Starz Entertainment
- Robin H. Beck, Vice president, information systems & computing, University of Pennsylvania
- Todd Bell, Senior vice president of IT infrastructure management, Verizon
- Cathy Bessant, Global technology & operations executive, Bank of America
- Horace Blackman, Facility CIO & director, Department of Veterans Affairs
- George M. Brenckle, Senior vice president & CIO, UMass Memorial Health Care
- Thomas A. Bres, Vice president & CIO, Sparrow Health System
- Brandon W. Brown, CIO, Trident Marketing
- Oliver Bussmann, Executive vice president & CIO, SAP AG
- Matt Butcher, CIO, Karl Storz Endoskope
- Vince Campisi, CIO & lean leader, GE Intelligent Platforms
- Paul J. Capizzi, former Vice president of technology, SBLI USA
- Lakshman Charanjiva, Vice president & CIO, NextEra Energy Inc.
- Kevin Chase, CIO & senior vice president, Energy Future Holdings
- Sonya M. Christian, CIO, West Georgia Health
- Andy H.W. Chun, CIO, City University of Hong Kong
- Linda W. Clement-Holmes, Senior vice president, global business services, Procter & Gamble
- Lee A. Congdon, CIO, Red Hat Inc.
- Marlo Donate, Director, enterprise applications & digital services, Toyota Financial Services
- John Donovan, Senior executive vice president - AT&T Technology and Network Operations, AT&T Inc.
- Chad A. Eckes, CIO, Cancer Treatment Centers of America
- Joseph Eckroth, Senior vice president & CIO, The Hertz Corp.
- Curtis D. Edge, CIO, The First Church of Christ, Scientist
- Tim Elkins, Senior vice president & CIO, PrimeLending, a PlainsCapital Company
- Michael Fergang, Vice president & CIO, The Grange Mutual Casualty Group
- Timothy M. Ferrarell, Senior vice president & CIO, W.W. Grainger Inc.
- Randall Gaboriault, Vice president & CIO, Christiana Care Health System
- JR Gamez, Chief of police, Redwood City Police Department
- Emad Georgy, CTO, North America, Experian Marketing Services
- Darren W. Ghanayem, Vice president, information officer, WellPoint Inc.
- Richard L. Gilbert, Senior vice president, Technology Services, SunTrust Banks Inc.
- Tom Gill, Vice president of IT & CIO, Plantronics
- Kai Gray, Vice president, Operations, Carbonite Inc.
- Gary K. Hensley, Director, IT, Clif Bar and Co.
- Kris Herrin, CTO, Heartland Payment Systems
- Blake K. Holman, Senior vice president & CIO, Ryan LLC
- Stan M. Hoptroff, Infrastructure services director, Southern Company Services
- Jeanette Horan, Vice president & CIO, IBM
- Don Imholz, Executive vice president & CIO, Centene Corp.
- Malcolm D. Jackson, Assistant administrator & CIO, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Brad P. Kenney, Vice president of Enterprise Infrastructure, Avnet Inc.
- Robert G. Krestakos, CIO, Steelcase Inc.
- Warren Kudman, Vice president & CIO, Sealed Air Corp.
- Mujib Lodhi, CIO, Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission
- Garry Lyons, Chief innovation officer, Mastercard WorldWide
- Richard A. Maranville, Executive vice president & CIO, Freeman Co.
- Lucille Mayer, Co-CIO, Pershing LLC/Ramaswamy Nagappan, Co-CIO, Pershing LLC
- Michelle R. McKenna-Doyle, Senior vice president & CIO, National Football League
- Theresa Meadows, Senior vice president & CIO, Cook Children's Health Care System
- Robert Meikle, CIO, City of Brampton
- Ahmet M. Mendi, CIO, Ulkar Holding A.S.
- Greg Meyers, Vice president, IT, Biogen Idec
- Steve Mills, CIO, Rackspace Hosting
- Mark Moroses, Senior vice president & CIO, Continuum Health Partners Inc.
- Cynthia J. Nustad, Senior vice president & CIO, HMS
- Marco S. Orellana, CIO & CSO, CODELCO
- Tarun Pandey, Vice president, IT, Aditya Birla Financial Services Group
- Tamara S. Payne, Senior vice president, IT, FedEx Services
- Juan R. Perez, Vice president, UPS Information Services, UPS
- John A. Prusnick, Director, IT innovation & strategy, Hyatt Hotels Corp.
- Paul R. Quinn, Strategic execution officer & CIO, Duke Realty Corp.
- Stephanie L. Reel, Senior vice president & CIO, Johns Hopkins Health System
- Mark Reilley, Diector, IT, Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
- Rebecca R. Rhoads, Vice president & CIO, Raytheon Co.
- Brian S. Rice, Senior vice president &CIO, Kellogg Co.
- Jason Rieger, CTO, FireHost
- Imran Sayeed, Senior vice president & CTO, NTT Data Inc.
- Greg Schaffer, Executive vice president & CISO, FIS
- Kathleen M. Scheirman, Senior vice president, IT, corporate services business information officer, Kaiser Permanente
- David Schmoock, President Lenovo North America & senior vice president Lenovo Group, Lenovo
- Edward Schwartz, Vice president & CSO, RSA, The Security Division of EMC
- Hugh Scott, CIO , Energy Plus
- Mike Scott, Director of application architecture, Scottrade Inc.
- Mark Settle, CIO, BMC Software
- Monique S. Shivanandan, Senior vice president & CTO, Capital One Financial Corp
- Tami Shoham, Head of information systems & technology Europe and Israel, Applied Materials
- Henry J. Sienkiewicz, Vice chief information assurance executive, Defense Information Systems Agency
- Pradip Sitaram, Senior vice president & CIO, Enterprise Community Partners Inc.
- Mark S. Smith, Vice president & CIO, American Water Works Co. Inc.
- Thomas W. Smith, Executive vice president, health information technology, NorthShore University HealthSystem
- Steven G. Snyder, CIO/CTO, Massachusetts Convention Center Authority
- Denise L. Stephens, CIO, Idaho National Laboratory
- Kim S. Stevenson, Vice president & CIO, Intel Corp.
- Michael J. Sylvester II, Assistant director & department CIO, Los Angeles County Department of Public Social Services
- Darren Tedesco, Managing principal, Innovation & Strategy, Commonwealth Financial Network
- William T. Thirsk, Vice president of IT, Marist College
- Richard I. Thomas, CIO, Quintiles
- B Venkatakrishnan, Head of IT, Mahindra Vehicle Manufacturers Ltd
- Dee K. Waddell, Group information officer, Marketing, Amtrak
- Lincoln Wallen, CTO, DreamWorks Animation
- Jon Walton, CIO, City & County of San Francisco
- Rudiger Wolf, Vice president & CIO, Puget Sound Energy
- Nancy Wolk, CIO, Alcoa Inc.
- Mark Wright, CIO, Inmar
- Walter Yosafat, Senior vice president & CIO, Wyndham Worldwide
- Tony Young, Senior vice president & CIO, Informatica Corp.
About the Premier 100
The Premier 100 program was created in 2000 to spotlight individuals who have had a positive impact on their organizations through technology. These are individuals who manage internal IT organizations, mentor and motivate their IT teams and business colleagues, create a positive work environment, envision innovative solutions to business challenges and effectively manage and execute IT strategies. Each year nominees are invited to complete a survey that addresses a number of topics, including their background and experience and their attitude toward risk and innovation. Using Computerworld's IT Leader Index, which is a measurement of how closely an individual matches our definition of the IT Leader, we analyze the data. Each year, 100 honorees are selected to receive this life-time recognition award. Information on previous honorees can be viewed at: http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9065479/Premier_100_IT_Leaders
Computerworld is the leading source of technology news and information for IT influencers, providing peer perspective, IT leadership and business results. Computerworld's award-winning website (www.computerworld.com), bi-weekly publication, focused conference series, custom solutions and custom research forms the hub of the world's largest (40+ edition) global IT media network and provides opportunities for IT solutions providers to engage this audience. Computerworld leads the industry with an online audience of over 3.5 million unique, monthly visitors (Omniture, August 2012) and was recognized as the Best Website by ASBPE and TABPI in 2012. Computerworld is published by IDG Enterprise, a subsidiary of International Data Group (IDG), the world's leading media, events and research company. Company information is available at www.idgenterprise.com.
Marketing & PR Specialist
The Industrial Internet revolution is now underway, enabled by connected machines and billions of devices that communicate and collaborate. The massive amounts of Big Data requiring real-time analysis is flooding legacy IT systems and giving way to cloud environments that can handle the unpredictable workloads. Yet many barriers remain until we can fully realize the opportunities and benefits from the convergence of machines and devices with Big Data and the cloud, including interoperability, data security and privacy.
Jan. 30, 2015 10:00 PM EST Reads: 2,871
Technology is enabling a new approach to collecting and using data. This approach, commonly referred to as the "Internet of Things" (IoT), enables businesses to use real-time data from all sorts of things including machines, devices and sensors to make better decisions, improve customer service, and lower the risk in the creation of new revenue opportunities. In his General Session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Dave Wagstaff, Vice President and Chief Architect at BSQUARE Corporation, discuss the real benefits to focus on, how to understand the requirements of a successful solution, the flow of ...
Jan. 30, 2015 03:45 PM EST Reads: 3,145
Cloud Expo 2014 TV commercials will feature @ThingsExpo, which was launched in June, 2014 at New York City's Javits Center as the largest 'Internet of Things' event in the world.
Jan. 30, 2015 03:15 PM EST Reads: 3,519
"People are a lot more knowledgeable about APIs now. There are two types of people who work with APIs - IT people who want to use APIs for something internal and the product managers who want to do something outside APIs for people to connect to them," explained Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 30, 2015 02:30 PM EST Reads: 2,709
Performance is the intersection of power, agility, control, and choice. If you value performance, and more specifically consistent performance, you need to look beyond simple virtualized compute. Many factors need to be considered to create a truly performant environment. In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Sr. Software Architect at SoftLayer, discussed how to take advantage of a multitude of compute options and platform features to make cloud the cornerstone of your online presence.
Jan. 30, 2015 02:15 PM EST Reads: 3,240
In this Women in Technology Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo, moderated by Anne Plese, Senior Consultant, Cloud Product Marketing at Verizon Enterprise, Esmeralda Swartz, CMO at MetraTech; Evelyn de Souza, Data Privacy and Compliance Strategy Leader at Cisco Systems; Seema Jethani, Director of Product Management at Basho Technologies; Victoria Livschitz, CEO of Qubell Inc.; Anne Hungate, Senior Director of Software Quality at DIRECTV, discussed what path they took to find their spot within the technology industry and how do they see opportunities for other women in their area of expertise.
Jan. 30, 2015 01:45 PM EST Reads: 2,371
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete at launch. DevOps may be disruptive, but it is essential.
Jan. 30, 2015 01:15 PM EST Reads: 2,623
Wearable devices have come of age. The primary applications of wearables so far have been "the Quantified Self" or the tracking of one's fitness and health status. We propose the evolution of wearables into social and emotional communication devices. Our BE(tm) sensor uses light to visualize the skin conductance response. Our sensors are very inexpensive and can be massively distributed to audiences or groups of any size, in order to gauge reactions to performances, video, or any kind of presentation. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Jocelyn Scheirer, CEO & Founder of Bionolux, will discuss ho...
Jan. 30, 2015 01:15 PM EST Reads: 2,029
Almost everyone sees the potential of Internet of Things but how can businesses truly unlock that potential. The key will be in the ability to discover business insight in the midst of an ocean of Big Data generated from billions of embedded devices via Systems of Discover. Businesses will also need to ensure that they can sustain that insight by leveraging the cloud for global reach, scale and elasticity.
Jan. 30, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 4,136
“With easy-to-use SDKs for Atmel’s platforms, IoT developers can now reap the benefits of realtime communication, and bypass the security pitfalls and configuration complexities that put IoT deployments at risk,” said Todd Greene, founder & CEO of PubNub. PubNub will team with Atmel at CES 2015 to launch full SDK support for Atmel’s MCU, MPU, and Wireless SoC platforms. Atmel developers now have access to PubNub’s secure Publish/Subscribe messaging with guaranteed ¼ second latencies across PubNub’s 14 global points-of-presence. PubNub delivers secure communication through firewalls, proxy ser...
Jan. 30, 2015 12:45 PM EST Reads: 1,738
We’re no longer looking to the future for the IoT wave. It’s no longer a distant dream but a reality that has arrived. It’s now time to make sure the industry is in alignment to meet the IoT growing pains – cooperate and collaborate as well as innovate. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jim Hunter, Chief Scientist & Technology Evangelist at Greenwave Systems, will examine the key ingredients to IoT success and identify solutions to challenges the industry is facing. The deep industry expertise behind this presentation will provide attendees with a leading edge view of rapidly emerging IoT oppor...
Jan. 30, 2015 12:45 PM EST Reads: 1,928
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Jan. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 8,060
Connected devices and the Internet of Things are getting significant momentum in 2014. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Hunter, Chief Scientist & Technology Evangelist at Greenwave Systems, examined three key elements that together will drive mass adoption of the IoT before the end of 2015. The first element is the recent advent of robust open source protocols (like AllJoyn and WebRTC) that facilitate M2M communication. The second is broad availability of flexible, cost-effective storage designed to handle the massive surge in back-end data in a world where timely analytics is e...
Jan. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,685
"There is a natural synchronization between the business models, the IoT is there to support ,” explained Brendan O'Brien, Co-founder and Chief Architect of Aria Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 15th International Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 30, 2015 11:45 AM EST Reads: 3,635
The Internet of Things will put IT to its ultimate test by creating infinite new opportunities to digitize products and services, generate and analyze new data to improve customer satisfaction, and discover new ways to gain a competitive advantage across nearly every industry. In order to help corporate business units to capitalize on the rapidly evolving IoT opportunities, IT must stand up to a new set of challenges. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jeff Kaplan, Managing Director of THINKstrategies, will examine why IT must finally fulfill its role in support of its SBUs or face a new round of...
Jan. 30, 2015 11:45 AM EST Reads: 2,793
The BPM world is going through some evolution or changes where traditional business process management solutions really have nowhere to go in terms of development of the road map. In this demo at 15th Cloud Expo, Kyle Hansen, Director of Professional Services at AgilePoint, shows AgilePoint’s unique approach to dealing with this market circumstance by developing a rapid application composition or development framework.
Jan. 30, 2015 11:30 AM EST Reads: 2,339
The Internet of Things will greatly expand the opportunities for data collection and new business models driven off of that data. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Esmeralda Swartz, CMO of MetraTech, discussed how for this to be effective you not only need to have infrastructure and operational models capable of utilizing this new phenomenon, but increasingly service providers will need to convince a skeptical public to participate. Get ready to show them the money!
Jan. 30, 2015 11:30 AM EST Reads: 3,064
ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is bringing a greater level of control, security and flexibility to cloud-based application development and delivery with a single-tenant version of Bluemix, IBM's platform-as-a-service. The new platform enables developers to build ap...
Jan. 30, 2015 11:15 AM EST Reads: 3,171
Building low-cost wearable devices can enhance the quality of our lives. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Sai Yamanoor, Embedded Software Engineer at Altschool, provided an example of putting together a small keychain within a $50 budget that educates the user about the air quality in their surroundings. He also provided examples such as building a wearable device that provides transit or recreational information. He then reviewed the resources available to build wearable devices at home including open source hardware, the raw materials required and the options available to power s...
Jan. 30, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,451
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover how hardware commoditization, the ubiquitous nature of connectivity, and the emergence of Big Data a...
Jan. 30, 2015 10:45 AM EST Reads: 3,243