|By Marketwired .||
|December 5, 2012 09:00 AM EST||
FRAMINGHAM, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/05/12 -- IDG's Computerworld -- the IT media brand dedicated to providing peer perspective, IT leadership and business results -- announces the 2013 Computerworld Premier 100 IT Leaders honorees, as well as highlights for the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference. The awards program features leaders, from both the technology and business sides of companies, for their exceptional technology leadership, innovative solutions to business challenges and effective management of IT strategies.
The Premier 100 honorees and their achievements will be highlighted in the February 25, 2013 issue of Computerworld, on Computerworld.com and recognized during the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference, being held March 3-5, 2013, at the JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa in Tucson, Arizona.
"The Premier 100 awards program showcases the exceptional work of a dedicated group of senior IT leaders who are driving huge change in their organizations," said Scot Finnie, editor in chief of Computerworld. "Every day, these exemplary business leaders make strategic technology decisions that track to their organizations' top priorities. These men and women keep a keen eye on the changing landscape of political, economic, regulatory and technology trends that are driving significant shifts in IT. We are very pleased to recognize the leadership and achievements of the 2013 Premier 100 honorees."
In addition to honoring the 2013 Premier 100 recipients and learning from their success stories, the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference agenda is packed with leading IT executives sharing strategies and best practices designed to help IT decision-makers find innovative solutions to their IT challenges. Along with the many Premier 100 honorees speaking at the 2013 conference, the following top IT executives will also be sharing their insight:
- Daphne Jones, Chief Information Officer, Hospira, Inc.
- Tom Soderstrom, IT CTO, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Carol Zierhoffer, Chief Information Officer, Xerox Corporation
- The full agenda can be viewed at www.Premier100.com
"For the past 14 years, Computerworld has been honoring the 100 top IT and business executives at the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference, and we are very proud to induct the 2013 recipients into this prestigious group," said John Amato, VP and publisher of Computerworld. "The Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference has emerged as the nation's leading and largest peer to peer conference for senior IT and business executives to discuss IT strategy, technology trends, and actionable plans for driving their business forward. Peer based strategies for deploying big data, cloud, mobility, consumer technologies, predictive analytics and more will lead general session presentations and will continue with conversations during networking receptions and informal gatherings. In addition to learning from peers, attendees can discover new IT solutions from sponsoring companies like Good for Enterprise, IBM and Ping Identity."
2013 Premier 100 Honorees:
- Steven B. Ambrose, Vice president & CIO, DTE Energy
- Saad Ayub, Senior vice president & CIO, Scholastic Inc.
- Loren Bast, Director of business intelligence, Cheezburger
- Gary Bateman, CIO, Iowa Workforce Development
- Judith L. Batenburg, Vice president, IT infrastructure & operations, Starz Entertainment
- Robin H. Beck, Vice president, information systems & computing, University of Pennsylvania
- Todd Bell, Senior vice president of IT infrastructure management, Verizon
- Cathy Bessant, Global technology & operations executive, Bank of America
- Horace Blackman, Facility CIO & director, Department of Veterans Affairs
- George M. Brenckle, Senior vice president & CIO, UMass Memorial Health Care
- Thomas A. Bres, Vice president & CIO, Sparrow Health System
- Brandon W. Brown, CIO, Trident Marketing
- Oliver Bussmann, Executive vice president & CIO, SAP AG
- Matt Butcher, CIO, Karl Storz Endoskope
- Vince Campisi, CIO & lean leader, GE Intelligent Platforms
- Paul J. Capizzi, former Vice president of technology, SBLI USA
- Lakshman Charanjiva, Vice president & CIO, NextEra Energy Inc.
- Kevin Chase, CIO & senior vice president, Energy Future Holdings
- Sonya M. Christian, CIO, West Georgia Health
- Andy H.W. Chun, CIO, City University of Hong Kong
- Linda W. Clement-Holmes, Senior vice president, global business services, Procter & Gamble
- Lee A. Congdon, CIO, Red Hat Inc.
- Marlo Donate, Director, enterprise applications & digital services, Toyota Financial Services
- John Donovan, Senior executive vice president - AT&T Technology and Network Operations, AT&T Inc.
- Chad A. Eckes, CIO, Cancer Treatment Centers of America
- Joseph Eckroth, Senior vice president & CIO, The Hertz Corp.
- Curtis D. Edge, CIO, The First Church of Christ, Scientist
- Tim Elkins, Senior vice president & CIO, PrimeLending, a PlainsCapital Company
- Michael Fergang, Vice president & CIO, The Grange Mutual Casualty Group
- Timothy M. Ferrarell, Senior vice president & CIO, W.W. Grainger Inc.
- Randall Gaboriault, Vice president & CIO, Christiana Care Health System
- JR Gamez, Chief of police, Redwood City Police Department
- Emad Georgy, CTO, North America, Experian Marketing Services
- Darren W. Ghanayem, Vice president, information officer, WellPoint Inc.
- Richard L. Gilbert, Senior vice president, Technology Services, SunTrust Banks Inc.
- Tom Gill, Vice president of IT & CIO, Plantronics
- Kai Gray, Vice president, Operations, Carbonite Inc.
- Gary K. Hensley, Director, IT, Clif Bar and Co.
- Kris Herrin, CTO, Heartland Payment Systems
- Blake K. Holman, Senior vice president & CIO, Ryan LLC
- Stan M. Hoptroff, Infrastructure services director, Southern Company Services
- Jeanette Horan, Vice president & CIO, IBM
- Don Imholz, Executive vice president & CIO, Centene Corp.
- Malcolm D. Jackson, Assistant administrator & CIO, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Brad P. Kenney, Vice president of Enterprise Infrastructure, Avnet Inc.
- Robert G. Krestakos, CIO, Steelcase Inc.
- Warren Kudman, Vice president & CIO, Sealed Air Corp.
- Mujib Lodhi, CIO, Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission
- Garry Lyons, Chief innovation officer, Mastercard WorldWide
- Richard A. Maranville, Executive vice president & CIO, Freeman Co.
- Lucille Mayer, Co-CIO, Pershing LLC/Ramaswamy Nagappan, Co-CIO, Pershing LLC
- Michelle R. McKenna-Doyle, Senior vice president & CIO, National Football League
- Theresa Meadows, Senior vice president & CIO, Cook Children's Health Care System
- Robert Meikle, CIO, City of Brampton
- Ahmet M. Mendi, CIO, Ulkar Holding A.S.
- Greg Meyers, Vice president, IT, Biogen Idec
- Steve Mills, CIO, Rackspace Hosting
- Mark Moroses, Senior vice president & CIO, Continuum Health Partners Inc.
- Cynthia J. Nustad, Senior vice president & CIO, HMS
- Marco S. Orellana, CIO & CSO, CODELCO
- Tarun Pandey, Vice president, IT, Aditya Birla Financial Services Group
- Tamara S. Payne, Senior vice president, IT, FedEx Services
- Juan R. Perez, Vice president, UPS Information Services, UPS
- John A. Prusnick, Director, IT innovation & strategy, Hyatt Hotels Corp.
- Paul R. Quinn, Strategic execution officer & CIO, Duke Realty Corp.
- Stephanie L. Reel, Senior vice president & CIO, Johns Hopkins Health System
- Mark Reilley, Diector, IT, Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
- Rebecca R. Rhoads, Vice president & CIO, Raytheon Co.
- Brian S. Rice, Senior vice president &CIO, Kellogg Co.
- Jason Rieger, CTO, FireHost
- Imran Sayeed, Senior vice president & CTO, NTT Data Inc.
- Greg Schaffer, Executive vice president & CISO, FIS
- Kathleen M. Scheirman, Senior vice president, IT, corporate services business information officer, Kaiser Permanente
- David Schmoock, President Lenovo North America & senior vice president Lenovo Group, Lenovo
- Edward Schwartz, Vice president & CSO, RSA, The Security Division of EMC
- Hugh Scott, CIO , Energy Plus
- Mike Scott, Director of application architecture, Scottrade Inc.
- Mark Settle, CIO, BMC Software
- Monique S. Shivanandan, Senior vice president & CTO, Capital One Financial Corp
- Tami Shoham, Head of information systems & technology Europe and Israel, Applied Materials
- Henry J. Sienkiewicz, Vice chief information assurance executive, Defense Information Systems Agency
- Pradip Sitaram, Senior vice president & CIO, Enterprise Community Partners Inc.
- Mark S. Smith, Vice president & CIO, American Water Works Co. Inc.
- Thomas W. Smith, Executive vice president, health information technology, NorthShore University HealthSystem
- Steven G. Snyder, CIO/CTO, Massachusetts Convention Center Authority
- Denise L. Stephens, CIO, Idaho National Laboratory
- Kim S. Stevenson, Vice president & CIO, Intel Corp.
- Michael J. Sylvester II, Assistant director & department CIO, Los Angeles County Department of Public Social Services
- Darren Tedesco, Managing principal, Innovation & Strategy, Commonwealth Financial Network
- William T. Thirsk, Vice president of IT, Marist College
- Richard I. Thomas, CIO, Quintiles
- B Venkatakrishnan, Head of IT, Mahindra Vehicle Manufacturers Ltd
- Dee K. Waddell, Group information officer, Marketing, Amtrak
- Lincoln Wallen, CTO, DreamWorks Animation
- Jon Walton, CIO, City & County of San Francisco
- Rudiger Wolf, Vice president & CIO, Puget Sound Energy
- Nancy Wolk, CIO, Alcoa Inc.
- Mark Wright, CIO, Inmar
- Walter Yosafat, Senior vice president & CIO, Wyndham Worldwide
- Tony Young, Senior vice president & CIO, Informatica Corp.
About the Premier 100
The Premier 100 program was created in 2000 to spotlight individuals who have had a positive impact on their organizations through technology. These are individuals who manage internal IT organizations, mentor and motivate their IT teams and business colleagues, create a positive work environment, envision innovative solutions to business challenges and effectively manage and execute IT strategies. Each year nominees are invited to complete a survey that addresses a number of topics, including their background and experience and their attitude toward risk and innovation. Using Computerworld's IT Leader Index, which is a measurement of how closely an individual matches our definition of the IT Leader, we analyze the data. Each year, 100 honorees are selected to receive this life-time recognition award. Information on previous honorees can be viewed at: http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9065479/Premier_100_IT_Leaders
Computerworld is the leading source of technology news and information for IT influencers, providing peer perspective, IT leadership and business results. Computerworld's award-winning website (www.computerworld.com), bi-weekly publication, focused conference series, custom solutions and custom research forms the hub of the world's largest (40+ edition) global IT media network and provides opportunities for IT solutions providers to engage this audience. Computerworld leads the industry with an online audience of over 3.5 million unique, monthly visitors (Omniture, August 2012) and was recognized as the Best Website by ASBPE and TABPI in 2012. Computerworld is published by IDG Enterprise, a subsidiary of International Data Group (IDG), the world's leading media, events and research company. Company information is available at www.idgenterprise.com.
Marketing & PR Specialist
The recent trends like cloud computing, social, mobile and Internet of Things are forcing enterprises to modernize in order to compete in the competitive globalized markets. However, enterprises are approaching newer technologies with a more silo-ed way, gaining only sub optimal benefits. The Modern Enterprise model is presented as a newer way to think of enterprise IT, which takes a more holistic approach to embracing modern technologies.
May. 25, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 6,114
The true value of the Internet of Things (IoT) lies not just in the data, but through the services that protect the data, perform the analysis and present findings in a usable way. With many IoT elements rooted in traditional IT components, Big Data and IoT isn’t just a play for enterprise. In fact, the IoT presents SMBs with the prospect of launching entirely new activities and exploring innovative areas. CompTIA research identifies several areas where IoT is expected to have the greatest impact.
May. 25, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,005
Every day we read jaw-dropping stats on the explosion of data. We allocate significant resources to harness and better understand it. We build businesses around it. But we’ve only just begun. For big payoffs in Big Data, CIOs are turning to cognitive computing. Cognitive computing’s ability to securely extract insights, understand natural language, and get smarter each time it’s used is the next, logical step for Big Data.
May. 25, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,279
The 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 17th International Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - announces that its Call for Papers is open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
May. 25, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,129
There's no doubt that the Internet of Things is driving the next wave of innovation. Google has spent billions over the past few months vacuuming up companies that specialize in smart appliances and machine learning. Already, Philips light bulbs, Audi automobiles, and Samsung washers and dryers can communicate with and be controlled from mobile devices. To take advantage of the opportunities the Internet of Things brings to your business, you'll want to start preparing now.
May. 25, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,904
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal an...
May. 25, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,031
P2P RTC will impact the landscape of communications, shifting from traditional telephony style communications models to OTT (Over-The-Top) cloud assisted & PaaS (Platform as a Service) communication services. The P2P shift will impact many areas of our lives, from mobile communication, human interactive web services, RTC and telephony infrastructure, user federation, security and privacy implications, business costs, and scalability. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robin Raymond, Chief Architect at Hookflash, will walk through the shifting landscape of traditional telephone and voice services ...
May. 25, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,373
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal today!
May. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,606
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems at Red Hat, described how to revolutioniz...
May. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,014
All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades. With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo, June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be
May. 25, 2015 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,477
The security devil is always in the details of the attack: the ones you've endured, the ones you prepare yourself to fend off, and the ones that, you fear, will catch you completely unaware and defenseless. The Internet of Things (IoT) is nothing if not an endless proliferation of details. It's the vision of a world in which continuous Internet connectivity and addressability is embedded into a growing range of human artifacts, into the natural world, and even into our smartphones, appliances, and physical persons. In the IoT vision, every new "thing" - sensor, actuator, data source, data con...
May. 25, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 6,472
Container frameworks, such as Docker, provide a variety of benefits, including density of deployment across infrastructure, convenience for application developers to push updates with low operational hand-holding, and a fairly well-defined deployment workflow that can be orchestrated. Container frameworks also enable a DevOps approach to application development by cleanly separating concerns between operations and development teams. But running multi-container, multi-server apps with containers is very hard. You have to learn five new and different technologies and best practices (libswarm, sy...
May. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,323
SYS-CON Events announced today that DragonGlass, an enterprise search platform, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. After eleven years of designing and building custom applications, OpenCrowd has launched DragonGlass, a cloud-based platform that enables the development of search-based applications. These are a new breed of applications that utilize a search index as their backbone for data retrieval. They can easily adapt to new data sets and provide access to both structured and unstruc...
May. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,132
There's Big Data, then there's really Big Data from the Internet of Things. IoT is evolving to include many data possibilities like new types of event, log and network data. The volumes are enormous, generating tens of billions of logs per day, which raise data challenges. Early IoT deployments are relying heavily on both the cloud and managed service providers to navigate these challenges. In her session at Big Data Expo®, Hannah Smalltree, Director at Treasure Data, discussed how IoT, Big Data and deployments are processing massive data volumes from wearables, utilities and other machines...
May. 25, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,338
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists will peel away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud environment, and we must architect and code accordingly. At the very least, you'll have no problem fil...
May. 25, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,103
SYS-CON Events announced today that MetraTech, now part of Ericsson, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society- a world leader in communications infrastructure, software and services. Some 40% of the world’s mobile traffic runs through networks Ericsson has supplied, serving more than 2.5 billion subscribers.
May. 25, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,794
The worldwide cellular network will be the backbone of the future IoT, and the telecom industry is clamoring to get on board as more than just a data pipe. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Evan McGee, CTO of Ring Plus, Inc., discussed what service operators can offer that would benefit IoT entrepreneurs, inventors, and consumers. Evan McGee is the CTO of RingPlus, a leading innovative U.S. MVNO and wireless enabler. His focus is on combining web technologies with traditional telecom to create a new breed of unified communication that is easily accessible to the general consumer. With over a de...
May. 25, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,838
Disruptive macro trends in technology are impacting and dramatically changing the "art of the possible" relative to supply chain management practices through the innovative use of IoT, cloud, machine learning and Big Data to enable connected ecosystems of engagement. Enterprise informatics can now move beyond point solutions that merely monitor the past and implement integrated enterprise fabrics that enable end-to-end supply chain visibility to improve customer service delivery and optimize supplier management. Learn about enterprise architecture strategies for designing connected systems tha...
May. 25, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,081
Cloud is not a commodity. And no matter what you call it, computing doesn’t come out of the sky. It comes from physical hardware inside brick and mortar facilities connected by hundreds of miles of networking cable. And no two clouds are built the same way. SoftLayer gives you the highest performing cloud infrastructure available. One platform that takes data centers around the world that are full of the widest range of cloud computing options, and then integrates and automates everything. Join SoftLayer on June 9 at 16th Cloud Expo to learn about IBM Cloud's SoftLayer platform, explore se...
May. 25, 2015 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,296
SYS-CON Media announced today that 9 out of 10 " most read" DevOps articles are published by @DevOpsSummit Blog. Launched in October 2014, @DevOpsSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce softw...
May. 25, 2015 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,353