|By Marketwired .||
|December 5, 2012 09:00 AM EST||
FRAMINGHAM, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/05/12 -- IDG's Computerworld -- the IT media brand dedicated to providing peer perspective, IT leadership and business results -- announces the 2013 Computerworld Premier 100 IT Leaders honorees, as well as highlights for the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference. The awards program features leaders, from both the technology and business sides of companies, for their exceptional technology leadership, innovative solutions to business challenges and effective management of IT strategies.
The Premier 100 honorees and their achievements will be highlighted in the February 25, 2013 issue of Computerworld, on Computerworld.com and recognized during the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference, being held March 3-5, 2013, at the JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa in Tucson, Arizona.
"The Premier 100 awards program showcases the exceptional work of a dedicated group of senior IT leaders who are driving huge change in their organizations," said Scot Finnie, editor in chief of Computerworld. "Every day, these exemplary business leaders make strategic technology decisions that track to their organizations' top priorities. These men and women keep a keen eye on the changing landscape of political, economic, regulatory and technology trends that are driving significant shifts in IT. We are very pleased to recognize the leadership and achievements of the 2013 Premier 100 honorees."
In addition to honoring the 2013 Premier 100 recipients and learning from their success stories, the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference agenda is packed with leading IT executives sharing strategies and best practices designed to help IT decision-makers find innovative solutions to their IT challenges. Along with the many Premier 100 honorees speaking at the 2013 conference, the following top IT executives will also be sharing their insight:
- Daphne Jones, Chief Information Officer, Hospira, Inc.
- Tom Soderstrom, IT CTO, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Carol Zierhoffer, Chief Information Officer, Xerox Corporation
- The full agenda can be viewed at www.Premier100.com
"For the past 14 years, Computerworld has been honoring the 100 top IT and business executives at the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference, and we are very proud to induct the 2013 recipients into this prestigious group," said John Amato, VP and publisher of Computerworld. "The Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference has emerged as the nation's leading and largest peer to peer conference for senior IT and business executives to discuss IT strategy, technology trends, and actionable plans for driving their business forward. Peer based strategies for deploying big data, cloud, mobility, consumer technologies, predictive analytics and more will lead general session presentations and will continue with conversations during networking receptions and informal gatherings. In addition to learning from peers, attendees can discover new IT solutions from sponsoring companies like Good for Enterprise, IBM and Ping Identity."
2013 Premier 100 Honorees:
- Steven B. Ambrose, Vice president & CIO, DTE Energy
- Saad Ayub, Senior vice president & CIO, Scholastic Inc.
- Loren Bast, Director of business intelligence, Cheezburger
- Gary Bateman, CIO, Iowa Workforce Development
- Judith L. Batenburg, Vice president, IT infrastructure & operations, Starz Entertainment
- Robin H. Beck, Vice president, information systems & computing, University of Pennsylvania
- Todd Bell, Senior vice president of IT infrastructure management, Verizon
- Cathy Bessant, Global technology & operations executive, Bank of America
- Horace Blackman, Facility CIO & director, Department of Veterans Affairs
- George M. Brenckle, Senior vice president & CIO, UMass Memorial Health Care
- Thomas A. Bres, Vice president & CIO, Sparrow Health System
- Brandon W. Brown, CIO, Trident Marketing
- Oliver Bussmann, Executive vice president & CIO, SAP AG
- Matt Butcher, CIO, Karl Storz Endoskope
- Vince Campisi, CIO & lean leader, GE Intelligent Platforms
- Paul J. Capizzi, former Vice president of technology, SBLI USA
- Lakshman Charanjiva, Vice president & CIO, NextEra Energy Inc.
- Kevin Chase, CIO & senior vice president, Energy Future Holdings
- Sonya M. Christian, CIO, West Georgia Health
- Andy H.W. Chun, CIO, City University of Hong Kong
- Linda W. Clement-Holmes, Senior vice president, global business services, Procter & Gamble
- Lee A. Congdon, CIO, Red Hat Inc.
- Marlo Donate, Director, enterprise applications & digital services, Toyota Financial Services
- John Donovan, Senior executive vice president - AT&T Technology and Network Operations, AT&T Inc.
- Chad A. Eckes, CIO, Cancer Treatment Centers of America
- Joseph Eckroth, Senior vice president & CIO, The Hertz Corp.
- Curtis D. Edge, CIO, The First Church of Christ, Scientist
- Tim Elkins, Senior vice president & CIO, PrimeLending, a PlainsCapital Company
- Michael Fergang, Vice president & CIO, The Grange Mutual Casualty Group
- Timothy M. Ferrarell, Senior vice president & CIO, W.W. Grainger Inc.
- Randall Gaboriault, Vice president & CIO, Christiana Care Health System
- JR Gamez, Chief of police, Redwood City Police Department
- Emad Georgy, CTO, North America, Experian Marketing Services
- Darren W. Ghanayem, Vice president, information officer, WellPoint Inc.
- Richard L. Gilbert, Senior vice president, Technology Services, SunTrust Banks Inc.
- Tom Gill, Vice president of IT & CIO, Plantronics
- Kai Gray, Vice president, Operations, Carbonite Inc.
- Gary K. Hensley, Director, IT, Clif Bar and Co.
- Kris Herrin, CTO, Heartland Payment Systems
- Blake K. Holman, Senior vice president & CIO, Ryan LLC
- Stan M. Hoptroff, Infrastructure services director, Southern Company Services
- Jeanette Horan, Vice president & CIO, IBM
- Don Imholz, Executive vice president & CIO, Centene Corp.
- Malcolm D. Jackson, Assistant administrator & CIO, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Brad P. Kenney, Vice president of Enterprise Infrastructure, Avnet Inc.
- Robert G. Krestakos, CIO, Steelcase Inc.
- Warren Kudman, Vice president & CIO, Sealed Air Corp.
- Mujib Lodhi, CIO, Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission
- Garry Lyons, Chief innovation officer, Mastercard WorldWide
- Richard A. Maranville, Executive vice president & CIO, Freeman Co.
- Lucille Mayer, Co-CIO, Pershing LLC/Ramaswamy Nagappan, Co-CIO, Pershing LLC
- Michelle R. McKenna-Doyle, Senior vice president & CIO, National Football League
- Theresa Meadows, Senior vice president & CIO, Cook Children's Health Care System
- Robert Meikle, CIO, City of Brampton
- Ahmet M. Mendi, CIO, Ulkar Holding A.S.
- Greg Meyers, Vice president, IT, Biogen Idec
- Steve Mills, CIO, Rackspace Hosting
- Mark Moroses, Senior vice president & CIO, Continuum Health Partners Inc.
- Cynthia J. Nustad, Senior vice president & CIO, HMS
- Marco S. Orellana, CIO & CSO, CODELCO
- Tarun Pandey, Vice president, IT, Aditya Birla Financial Services Group
- Tamara S. Payne, Senior vice president, IT, FedEx Services
- Juan R. Perez, Vice president, UPS Information Services, UPS
- John A. Prusnick, Director, IT innovation & strategy, Hyatt Hotels Corp.
- Paul R. Quinn, Strategic execution officer & CIO, Duke Realty Corp.
- Stephanie L. Reel, Senior vice president & CIO, Johns Hopkins Health System
- Mark Reilley, Diector, IT, Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
- Rebecca R. Rhoads, Vice president & CIO, Raytheon Co.
- Brian S. Rice, Senior vice president &CIO, Kellogg Co.
- Jason Rieger, CTO, FireHost
- Imran Sayeed, Senior vice president & CTO, NTT Data Inc.
- Greg Schaffer, Executive vice president & CISO, FIS
- Kathleen M. Scheirman, Senior vice president, IT, corporate services business information officer, Kaiser Permanente
- David Schmoock, President Lenovo North America & senior vice president Lenovo Group, Lenovo
- Edward Schwartz, Vice president & CSO, RSA, The Security Division of EMC
- Hugh Scott, CIO , Energy Plus
- Mike Scott, Director of application architecture, Scottrade Inc.
- Mark Settle, CIO, BMC Software
- Monique S. Shivanandan, Senior vice president & CTO, Capital One Financial Corp
- Tami Shoham, Head of information systems & technology Europe and Israel, Applied Materials
- Henry J. Sienkiewicz, Vice chief information assurance executive, Defense Information Systems Agency
- Pradip Sitaram, Senior vice president & CIO, Enterprise Community Partners Inc.
- Mark S. Smith, Vice president & CIO, American Water Works Co. Inc.
- Thomas W. Smith, Executive vice president, health information technology, NorthShore University HealthSystem
- Steven G. Snyder, CIO/CTO, Massachusetts Convention Center Authority
- Denise L. Stephens, CIO, Idaho National Laboratory
- Kim S. Stevenson, Vice president & CIO, Intel Corp.
- Michael J. Sylvester II, Assistant director & department CIO, Los Angeles County Department of Public Social Services
- Darren Tedesco, Managing principal, Innovation & Strategy, Commonwealth Financial Network
- William T. Thirsk, Vice president of IT, Marist College
- Richard I. Thomas, CIO, Quintiles
- B Venkatakrishnan, Head of IT, Mahindra Vehicle Manufacturers Ltd
- Dee K. Waddell, Group information officer, Marketing, Amtrak
- Lincoln Wallen, CTO, DreamWorks Animation
- Jon Walton, CIO, City & County of San Francisco
- Rudiger Wolf, Vice president & CIO, Puget Sound Energy
- Nancy Wolk, CIO, Alcoa Inc.
- Mark Wright, CIO, Inmar
- Walter Yosafat, Senior vice president & CIO, Wyndham Worldwide
- Tony Young, Senior vice president & CIO, Informatica Corp.
About the Premier 100
The Premier 100 program was created in 2000 to spotlight individuals who have had a positive impact on their organizations through technology. These are individuals who manage internal IT organizations, mentor and motivate their IT teams and business colleagues, create a positive work environment, envision innovative solutions to business challenges and effectively manage and execute IT strategies. Each year nominees are invited to complete a survey that addresses a number of topics, including their background and experience and their attitude toward risk and innovation. Using Computerworld's IT Leader Index, which is a measurement of how closely an individual matches our definition of the IT Leader, we analyze the data. Each year, 100 honorees are selected to receive this life-time recognition award. Information on previous honorees can be viewed at: http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9065479/Premier_100_IT_Leaders
Computerworld is the leading source of technology news and information for IT influencers, providing peer perspective, IT leadership and business results. Computerworld's award-winning website (www.computerworld.com), bi-weekly publication, focused conference series, custom solutions and custom research forms the hub of the world's largest (40+ edition) global IT media network and provides opportunities for IT solutions providers to engage this audience. Computerworld leads the industry with an online audience of over 3.5 million unique, monthly visitors (Omniture, August 2012) and was recognized as the Best Website by ASBPE and TABPI in 2012. Computerworld is published by IDG Enterprise, a subsidiary of International Data Group (IDG), the world's leading media, events and research company. Company information is available at www.idgenterprise.com.
Marketing & PR Specialist
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Sep. 28, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 215
Businesses are struggling to manage the information flow and interactions between all of these new devices and things jumping on their network, and the apps and IT systems they control. The data businesses gather is only helpful if they can do something with it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Witeck, Principal Technology Strategist at Citrix, will discuss how different the impact of IoT will be for large businesses, expanding how IoT will allow large organizations to make their legacy ap...
Sep. 28, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 210
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the protocols that communicate data and the emerging data analy...
Sep. 28, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,713
As ridesharing competitors and enhanced services increase, notable changes are occurring in the transportation model. Despite the cost-effective means and flexibility of ridesharing, both drivers and users will need to be aware of the connected environment and how it will impact the ridesharing experience. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Timothy Evavold, Executive Director Automotive at Covisint, will discuss key challenges and solutions to powering a ride sharing and/or multimodal model in the a...
Sep. 28, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 356
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management solutions, helping companies worldwide activate their data to drive more value and business insight and to transform moder...
Sep. 28, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,804
What are the new priorities for the connected business? First: businesses need to think differently about the types of connections they will need to make – these span well beyond the traditional app to app into more modern forms of integration including SaaS integrations, mobile integrations, APIs, device integration and Big Data integration. It’s important these are unified together vs. doing them all piecemeal. Second, these types of connections need to be simple to design, adapt and configure...
Sep. 28, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 350
Digital innovation is the next big wave of business transformation based on digital technologies of which IoT and Big Data are key components, For example: Business boundary innovation is a challenge to excavate third-party business value using IoT and BigData, like Nest Business structure innovation may propose re-building business structure from scratch, as Uber does in the taxicab industry The social model innovation is also a big challenge to the new social architecture with the design fr...
Sep. 28, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,308
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Sep. 28, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 4,144
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Sep. 28, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,867
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at EMC, will introduce a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organizati...
Sep. 28, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,741
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 19th Cloud Expo and 6th @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Interne...
Sep. 28, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,321
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Sep. 28, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,925
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Sep. 28, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,421
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lea...
Sep. 28, 2016 01:57 PM EDT Reads: 268
According to Forrester Research, every business will become either a digital predator or digital prey by 2020. To avoid demise, organizations must rapidly create new sources of value in their end-to-end customer experiences. True digital predators also must break down information and process silos and extend digital transformation initiatives to empower employees with the digital resources needed to win, serve, and retain customers.
Sep. 28, 2016 01:23 PM EDT Reads: 287
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, will discuss how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your...
Sep. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,112
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Sep. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,552
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Sep. 28, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,107
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Sep. 28, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,059
One of biggest questions about Big Data is “How do we harness all that information for business use quickly and effectively?” Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or spatial technology is about more than making maps, but adding critical context and meaning to data of all types, coming from all different channels – even sensors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, William (Bill) Meehan, director of utility solutions for Esri, will take a closer look at the current state of spatial technology and ar...
Sep. 28, 2016 12:20 PM EDT Reads: 247