|By Marketwired .||
|December 5, 2012 09:00 AM EST||
FRAMINGHAM, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/05/12 -- IDG's Computerworld -- the IT media brand dedicated to providing peer perspective, IT leadership and business results -- announces the 2013 Computerworld Premier 100 IT Leaders honorees, as well as highlights for the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference. The awards program features leaders, from both the technology and business sides of companies, for their exceptional technology leadership, innovative solutions to business challenges and effective management of IT strategies.
The Premier 100 honorees and their achievements will be highlighted in the February 25, 2013 issue of Computerworld, on Computerworld.com and recognized during the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference, being held March 3-5, 2013, at the JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa in Tucson, Arizona.
"The Premier 100 awards program showcases the exceptional work of a dedicated group of senior IT leaders who are driving huge change in their organizations," said Scot Finnie, editor in chief of Computerworld. "Every day, these exemplary business leaders make strategic technology decisions that track to their organizations' top priorities. These men and women keep a keen eye on the changing landscape of political, economic, regulatory and technology trends that are driving significant shifts in IT. We are very pleased to recognize the leadership and achievements of the 2013 Premier 100 honorees."
In addition to honoring the 2013 Premier 100 recipients and learning from their success stories, the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference agenda is packed with leading IT executives sharing strategies and best practices designed to help IT decision-makers find innovative solutions to their IT challenges. Along with the many Premier 100 honorees speaking at the 2013 conference, the following top IT executives will also be sharing their insight:
- Daphne Jones, Chief Information Officer, Hospira, Inc.
- Tom Soderstrom, IT CTO, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Carol Zierhoffer, Chief Information Officer, Xerox Corporation
- The full agenda can be viewed at www.Premier100.com
"For the past 14 years, Computerworld has been honoring the 100 top IT and business executives at the Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference, and we are very proud to induct the 2013 recipients into this prestigious group," said John Amato, VP and publisher of Computerworld. "The Premier 100 IT Leaders Conference has emerged as the nation's leading and largest peer to peer conference for senior IT and business executives to discuss IT strategy, technology trends, and actionable plans for driving their business forward. Peer based strategies for deploying big data, cloud, mobility, consumer technologies, predictive analytics and more will lead general session presentations and will continue with conversations during networking receptions and informal gatherings. In addition to learning from peers, attendees can discover new IT solutions from sponsoring companies like Good for Enterprise, IBM and Ping Identity."
2013 Premier 100 Honorees:
- Steven B. Ambrose, Vice president & CIO, DTE Energy
- Saad Ayub, Senior vice president & CIO, Scholastic Inc.
- Loren Bast, Director of business intelligence, Cheezburger
- Gary Bateman, CIO, Iowa Workforce Development
- Judith L. Batenburg, Vice president, IT infrastructure & operations, Starz Entertainment
- Robin H. Beck, Vice president, information systems & computing, University of Pennsylvania
- Todd Bell, Senior vice president of IT infrastructure management, Verizon
- Cathy Bessant, Global technology & operations executive, Bank of America
- Horace Blackman, Facility CIO & director, Department of Veterans Affairs
- George M. Brenckle, Senior vice president & CIO, UMass Memorial Health Care
- Thomas A. Bres, Vice president & CIO, Sparrow Health System
- Brandon W. Brown, CIO, Trident Marketing
- Oliver Bussmann, Executive vice president & CIO, SAP AG
- Matt Butcher, CIO, Karl Storz Endoskope
- Vince Campisi, CIO & lean leader, GE Intelligent Platforms
- Paul J. Capizzi, former Vice president of technology, SBLI USA
- Lakshman Charanjiva, Vice president & CIO, NextEra Energy Inc.
- Kevin Chase, CIO & senior vice president, Energy Future Holdings
- Sonya M. Christian, CIO, West Georgia Health
- Andy H.W. Chun, CIO, City University of Hong Kong
- Linda W. Clement-Holmes, Senior vice president, global business services, Procter & Gamble
- Lee A. Congdon, CIO, Red Hat Inc.
- Marlo Donate, Director, enterprise applications & digital services, Toyota Financial Services
- John Donovan, Senior executive vice president - AT&T Technology and Network Operations, AT&T Inc.
- Chad A. Eckes, CIO, Cancer Treatment Centers of America
- Joseph Eckroth, Senior vice president & CIO, The Hertz Corp.
- Curtis D. Edge, CIO, The First Church of Christ, Scientist
- Tim Elkins, Senior vice president & CIO, PrimeLending, a PlainsCapital Company
- Michael Fergang, Vice president & CIO, The Grange Mutual Casualty Group
- Timothy M. Ferrarell, Senior vice president & CIO, W.W. Grainger Inc.
- Randall Gaboriault, Vice president & CIO, Christiana Care Health System
- JR Gamez, Chief of police, Redwood City Police Department
- Emad Georgy, CTO, North America, Experian Marketing Services
- Darren W. Ghanayem, Vice president, information officer, WellPoint Inc.
- Richard L. Gilbert, Senior vice president, Technology Services, SunTrust Banks Inc.
- Tom Gill, Vice president of IT & CIO, Plantronics
- Kai Gray, Vice president, Operations, Carbonite Inc.
- Gary K. Hensley, Director, IT, Clif Bar and Co.
- Kris Herrin, CTO, Heartland Payment Systems
- Blake K. Holman, Senior vice president & CIO, Ryan LLC
- Stan M. Hoptroff, Infrastructure services director, Southern Company Services
- Jeanette Horan, Vice president & CIO, IBM
- Don Imholz, Executive vice president & CIO, Centene Corp.
- Malcolm D. Jackson, Assistant administrator & CIO, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Brad P. Kenney, Vice president of Enterprise Infrastructure, Avnet Inc.
- Robert G. Krestakos, CIO, Steelcase Inc.
- Warren Kudman, Vice president & CIO, Sealed Air Corp.
- Mujib Lodhi, CIO, Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission
- Garry Lyons, Chief innovation officer, Mastercard WorldWide
- Richard A. Maranville, Executive vice president & CIO, Freeman Co.
- Lucille Mayer, Co-CIO, Pershing LLC/Ramaswamy Nagappan, Co-CIO, Pershing LLC
- Michelle R. McKenna-Doyle, Senior vice president & CIO, National Football League
- Theresa Meadows, Senior vice president & CIO, Cook Children's Health Care System
- Robert Meikle, CIO, City of Brampton
- Ahmet M. Mendi, CIO, Ulkar Holding A.S.
- Greg Meyers, Vice president, IT, Biogen Idec
- Steve Mills, CIO, Rackspace Hosting
- Mark Moroses, Senior vice president & CIO, Continuum Health Partners Inc.
- Cynthia J. Nustad, Senior vice president & CIO, HMS
- Marco S. Orellana, CIO & CSO, CODELCO
- Tarun Pandey, Vice president, IT, Aditya Birla Financial Services Group
- Tamara S. Payne, Senior vice president, IT, FedEx Services
- Juan R. Perez, Vice president, UPS Information Services, UPS
- John A. Prusnick, Director, IT innovation & strategy, Hyatt Hotels Corp.
- Paul R. Quinn, Strategic execution officer & CIO, Duke Realty Corp.
- Stephanie L. Reel, Senior vice president & CIO, Johns Hopkins Health System
- Mark Reilley, Diector, IT, Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
- Rebecca R. Rhoads, Vice president & CIO, Raytheon Co.
- Brian S. Rice, Senior vice president &CIO, Kellogg Co.
- Jason Rieger, CTO, FireHost
- Imran Sayeed, Senior vice president & CTO, NTT Data Inc.
- Greg Schaffer, Executive vice president & CISO, FIS
- Kathleen M. Scheirman, Senior vice president, IT, corporate services business information officer, Kaiser Permanente
- David Schmoock, President Lenovo North America & senior vice president Lenovo Group, Lenovo
- Edward Schwartz, Vice president & CSO, RSA, The Security Division of EMC
- Hugh Scott, CIO , Energy Plus
- Mike Scott, Director of application architecture, Scottrade Inc.
- Mark Settle, CIO, BMC Software
- Monique S. Shivanandan, Senior vice president & CTO, Capital One Financial Corp
- Tami Shoham, Head of information systems & technology Europe and Israel, Applied Materials
- Henry J. Sienkiewicz, Vice chief information assurance executive, Defense Information Systems Agency
- Pradip Sitaram, Senior vice president & CIO, Enterprise Community Partners Inc.
- Mark S. Smith, Vice president & CIO, American Water Works Co. Inc.
- Thomas W. Smith, Executive vice president, health information technology, NorthShore University HealthSystem
- Steven G. Snyder, CIO/CTO, Massachusetts Convention Center Authority
- Denise L. Stephens, CIO, Idaho National Laboratory
- Kim S. Stevenson, Vice president & CIO, Intel Corp.
- Michael J. Sylvester II, Assistant director & department CIO, Los Angeles County Department of Public Social Services
- Darren Tedesco, Managing principal, Innovation & Strategy, Commonwealth Financial Network
- William T. Thirsk, Vice president of IT, Marist College
- Richard I. Thomas, CIO, Quintiles
- B Venkatakrishnan, Head of IT, Mahindra Vehicle Manufacturers Ltd
- Dee K. Waddell, Group information officer, Marketing, Amtrak
- Lincoln Wallen, CTO, DreamWorks Animation
- Jon Walton, CIO, City & County of San Francisco
- Rudiger Wolf, Vice president & CIO, Puget Sound Energy
- Nancy Wolk, CIO, Alcoa Inc.
- Mark Wright, CIO, Inmar
- Walter Yosafat, Senior vice president & CIO, Wyndham Worldwide
- Tony Young, Senior vice president & CIO, Informatica Corp.
About the Premier 100
The Premier 100 program was created in 2000 to spotlight individuals who have had a positive impact on their organizations through technology. These are individuals who manage internal IT organizations, mentor and motivate their IT teams and business colleagues, create a positive work environment, envision innovative solutions to business challenges and effectively manage and execute IT strategies. Each year nominees are invited to complete a survey that addresses a number of topics, including their background and experience and their attitude toward risk and innovation. Using Computerworld's IT Leader Index, which is a measurement of how closely an individual matches our definition of the IT Leader, we analyze the data. Each year, 100 honorees are selected to receive this life-time recognition award. Information on previous honorees can be viewed at: http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9065479/Premier_100_IT_Leaders
Computerworld is the leading source of technology news and information for IT influencers, providing peer perspective, IT leadership and business results. Computerworld's award-winning website (www.computerworld.com), bi-weekly publication, focused conference series, custom solutions and custom research forms the hub of the world's largest (40+ edition) global IT media network and provides opportunities for IT solutions providers to engage this audience. Computerworld leads the industry with an online audience of over 3.5 million unique, monthly visitors (Omniture, August 2012) and was recognized as the Best Website by ASBPE and TABPI in 2012. Computerworld is published by IDG Enterprise, a subsidiary of International Data Group (IDG), the world's leading media, events and research company. Company information is available at www.idgenterprise.com.
Marketing & PR Specialist
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jul. 27, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,046
I wanted to gather all of my Internet of Things (IOT) blogs into a single blog (that I could later use with my University of San Francisco (USF) Big Data “MBA” course). However as I started to pull these blogs together, I realized that my IOT discussion lacked a vision; it lacked an end point towards which an organization could drive their IOT envisioning, proof of value, app dev, data engineering and data science efforts. And I think that the IOT end point is really quite simple…
Jul. 27, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,132
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jul. 27, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,849
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it ...
Jul. 27, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 181
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jul. 27, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,118
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Jul. 27, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,735
Is your aging software platform suffering from technical debt while the market changes and demands new solutions at a faster clip? It’s a bold move, but you might consider walking away from your core platform and starting fresh. ReadyTalk did exactly that. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and over a decade of audio conferencing product development to start an innovati...
Jul. 27, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,050
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 27, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 965
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Jul. 27, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 711
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Jul. 27, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,225
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet a...
Jul. 27, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 467
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jul. 27, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,078
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Jul. 27, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,372
The best-practices for building IoT applications with Go Code that attendees can use to build their own IoT applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Indraneel Mitra, Senior Solutions Architect & Technology Evangelist at Cognizant, provided valuable information and resources for both novice and experienced developers on how to get started with IoT and Golang in a day. He also provided information on how to use Intel Arduino Kit, Go Robotics API and AWS IoT stack to build an application tha...
Jul. 27, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,169
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Jul. 27, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 473
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Jul. 27, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 947
IoT generates lots of temporal data. But how do you unlock its value? You need to discover patterns that are repeatable in vast quantities of data, understand their meaning, and implement scalable monitoring across multiple data streams in order to monetize the discoveries and insights. Motif discovery and deep learning platforms are emerging to visualize sensor data, to search for patterns and to build application that can monitor real time streams efficiently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, ...
Jul. 27, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,080
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) and Yahoo! Inc. (Nasdaq: YHOO) have entered into a definitive agreement under which Verizon will acquire Yahoo's operating business for approximately $4.83 billion in cash, subject to customary closing adjustments. Yahoo informs, connects and entertains a global audience of more than 1 billion monthly active users** -- including 600 million monthly active mobile users*** through its search, communications and digital content products. Yahoo also co...
Jul. 27, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 610
There will be new vendors providing applications, middleware, and connected devices to support the thriving IoT ecosystem. This essentially means that electronic device manufacturers will also be in the software business. Many will be new to building embedded software or robust software. This creates an increased importance on software quality, particularly within the Industrial Internet of Things where business-critical applications are becoming dependent on products controlled by software. Qua...
Jul. 27, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,501
In addition to all the benefits, IoT is also bringing new kind of customer experience challenges - cars that unlock themselves, thermostats turning houses into saunas and baby video monitors broadcasting over the internet. This list can only increase because while IoT services should be intuitive and simple to use, the delivery ecosystem is a myriad of potential problems as IoT explodes complexity. So finding a performance issue is like finding the proverbial needle in the haystack.
Jul. 27, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,296