|By Business Wire||
|December 11, 2013 09:02 AM EST||
Dell Software today announced technology innovations that address a host of pressing IT challenges. New solutions and technology integrations within Dell’s mobility/BYOD offerings provide customers the tools to increase workforce productivity, while also ensuring secure control over corporate assets. Continued integration of Dell’s network security and identity and access management technologies further enhances security for users, regardless of location or access need, while Dell’s modern business intelligence and analytics solutions are helping universities simplify their complex data environments. Two key enhancements to its data protection portfolio round out Dell’s newest innovations aimed at keeping corporate assets safe, and the business agile and profitable.
Enterprise Mobility Management
Dell is building on earlier announcements with a unified solution that provides mobile device management (MDM), mobile application management (MAM), mobile content management (MCM), and a Secure Remote Access gateway (SonicWALL/SRA), to establish secure endpoints.
Engineered together, these components comprise Dell’s end-to-end Enterprise Mobility Management solution, supporting enterprise customers’ biggest challenges in dealing with “Bring your own” or “Choose your own” environments. This offering blends world class security technologies, new digital workspace applications and a flexible deployment model with mobility services to help expedite time to value. Dell EMM provides IT with a comprehensive management experience to configure and define security and compliance policies for iOS and Android smartphones; Windows, Android and iOS tablets; Linux, Mac and Windows laptops and desktops; as well as thin and zero cloud clients.
- Today, companies use separate, often disjointed products for security, network services, software and hardware management across multiple OS platforms
With Dell EMM, customers can take advantage of an integrated mobility
solution for secure endpoint management of devices and workspaces,
while ensuring an excellent user experience
- Dell EMM includes strategic IP from Dell SonicWALL, Dell Credant, Dell KACE and Dell Wyse to address security and encryption, policy management, user self-service and compliance reporting requirements. The result is a comprehensive mobile enablement solution that elevates data security and mobile workforce productivity
- Dell EMM has interwoven secure remote access from SonicWALL SRA (Secure Remote Access) and encryption from Dell Data Protection| Encryption to ensure elevated protection and lowest risk exposure
- Dell EMM also includes Dell Data Protection I Virtual Edition, a virtual management server and console app for VMware that allows customers to quickly and easily deploy and manage end point protection
- Dell EMM features container-based workspace apps to ease BYOD management and secure adoption. For employee-owned smartphones and tablets, Dell™ Mobile Workspace gives users secure access to corporate data and productivity tools, including email, calendar, contacts, secure mobile browser and secure local file explorer. For employee-owned PCs and Macs, Dell™ Desktop Workspace provides a secure Microsoft Windows image that can be integrated seamlessly with existing IT infrastructures
- For corporate-owned devices, Dell delivers a secure, managed environment for all endpoints, enabling customers to view all their devices and simplify systems management
- Dell EMM will be sold as an annual software subscription license starting in Q1 2014 in the US and Canada
Dell’s comprehensive Connected Security portfolio offers a breadth of security solutions to connect and protect customers from endpoint to datacenter to cloud. Solutions easily scale with customers’ business, and provide a depth of features that outperform point-product offerings. At this year’s Dell World Conference, Dell announces continued innovation and progress on its Connected Security strategy with the following milestones:
Dell SonicWALL’s network security, secure mobile access, and email security solutions combine to contribute greater information to Dell SonicWALL’s Global Response Intelligent Defense (GRID) Network, which gathers input from millions of sensors and informs actionable defenses against the increasingly connected threat approaches that are exploiting vectors across multiple threat categories today
- The integration of Dell™ Enterprise Single Sign-on with the Dell™ Mobile Clinical Computing solution provides enterprise single sign-on capabilities optimized for the unique needs of healthcare environments
- The integration of Dell™ Defender and Dell™ SonicWALL Secure Remote Access simplifies deployment of two-factor authentication with the Secure Sockets Layer virtual private network (SSL VPN)
- The new integration between Defender and Dell Cloud provides two-factor authentication for administrators managing Dell cloud instances
- The connection of the Dell KACE K1000 Systems Management Appliance with technology from Dell™ Authentication Services streamlines operations by enabling Active Directory-based single sign-on for KACE end users and administrators, who now can use a single credential and password to log in to Active Directory just once
- The recently announced Dell™ InTrust 10.7 integration with Dell SecureWorks enriches SIEM with intelligent data feeds that capture crucial aspects of user activity on Windows systems, detecting internal threats in less time and with less overhead
- The connection of Privileged Password Manager and Privileged Access Suite for Unix with the new InTrust enables organizations to correlate a user’s privileged activity with their general user activity for a full picture of what they are doing with their access
• All security product integrations/connections and updates are available now
Dell™ Toad™ Business Intelligence Suite is part of Dell’s Software’s Information Management portfolio, which makes it possible for organizations to simplify complex data environments and unlock the power of information. Toad Business Intelligence Suite empowers both technical and non-technical users to easily access, prepare, analyze and share data from almost any source to improve decision-making, and maximize the value of the organization’s existing IT and business intelligence investments. The suite includes Toad Intelligence Central, which allows users to combine data across multiple sources, locations and formats, and then collaborate on logical data views through two desktop tools: Toad™ Data Point for analytic data provisioners and Toad™ Decision Point for business analysts.
- Higher Education is an example of one industry that is using data to transform itself. Because educational institutions constantly struggle to connect to all of their disparate data sources ─ and simplify business intelligence ─ they need to gain a complete picture of their data to enable the best possible decision-making
Notable universities deploying Toad Business Intelligence Suite to
alleviate this challenge include Kennesaw
State University and Concordia
- At Kennesaw, Toad Business Intelligence Suite regularly saves HR teams up to 20 hours per week on data provisioning and validation, and increases reporting productivity threefold while empowering administrators to make faster, more informed decisions
- At Concordia University, the solution improved productivity for both technical and non-technical users by providing the right tool for the right user
- Toad Business Intelligence Suite is available worldwide, and has been proven across many different verticals
Dell Software continues to invest heavily in its data protection portfolio to address the evolving needs of mid-size and large enterprises. Few tasks plague organizations more than backup, as poor performance, overwhelming complexity, and lack of scalability remain huge challenges. Dell now offers a portfolio of solutions that address those challenges, enabling organizations to speed backups and restores, scale their backup to match their business needs, and spend less time monitoring/managing backups.
With a focus on delivering greater performance, ease of use and
scalability, Dell unveiled NetVault Backup 10 and a new
high-performance, scale-up model of its DR series of deduplication
storage systems — the Dell DR6000
- NetVault Backup 10 features a new web-based GUI, significantly enhanced scalability, and tight integration with the DR6000 appliance
- The DR6000 is a new model within Dell’s series of DR deduplication appliances. It will be sold in addition to the existing DR4100 appliance, offering more than double the raw capacity, significantly enhanced speed and scalability, and new global management capabilities that give administrators the power to manage all of their DR appliances from one console
- NetVault Backup pricing starts at $2,700 USD per terabyte of front-end data, while the DR6000 starts at a list price of $58,000 for 9TB of usable capacity. The DR6000 will be available worldwide in the first quarter of 2014, and NetVault Backup will be available beginning the second quarter of 2014
Application Performance Monitoring
Dell moves into Software as a Service for application performance monitoring with the release of the next generation of its APM solution, designed to provide answers to improve the performance of web and mobile applications. Dell’s first commercial self-serve APM solution, the new offering will deliver insight into ─ and visualizations of ─ web and mobile application performance through built-in analytics and machine learning capabilities.
- Dell’s APM SaaS solution will provide time to value in minutes with no setup effort required. It easily identifies the most relevant alarms based on impact to business results, and finds the “needle-in-the-haystack” answers to performance problems
- Utilizing a fine-granularity data analysis approach, the product comprehensively quantifies business impact and instantly guides application support teams to the root cause of application issues. While other APM vendors talk about big data, Dell believes big data is just a piece of the equation ─ big answers are the key to ensure business success
Dell currently seeks global participants for the beta
program of its new APM SaaS solution
- The beta program will start in February 2014
- Dell Software solutions are available through the channel
- Dell Enterprise Mobility Management will be available through the channel in 2014
John Swainson, President, Dell Software
“Innovative solutions and technology integrations like those announced today are a testament to Dell Software’s commitment to providing our customers with affordable, simple-to-use, scalable solutions that help accelerate business results. By focusing on today’s challenges, including security, mobility and business intelligence, we make it possible for businesses of all sizes to enhance the capabilities of their datacenters, boost employee productivity and maintain compliance. By innovating and continually transforming our end-to-end solutions portfolio, we easily adapt to the ever-changing needs of our customers, and help IT become a valuable partner to the business.”
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/dellsoftware
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dellsoftware
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Dell-Software-4793472
- Dell Software YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/DellSoftwareVideo
Delivering Complete and Connected Software Solutions
Dell Software empowers companies of all sizes to experience Dell’s “Power to Do More” by delivering scalable yet simple-to-use solutions that can increase productivity, responsiveness and efficiency. Dell Software is uniquely positioned to address today’s most pressing business and IT challenges with holistic, connected software offerings across five core solution areas, encompassing data center and cloud management, information management, mobile workforce management, security and data protection. This software, when combined with Dell hardware and services, helps customers simplify IT, mitigate risk and accelerate business results.
Join us at Dell World 2013, Dell’s premier customer event exploring how technology solutions and services are driving business innovation. Learn more at www.dellworld.com and follow #DellWorld on Twitter.
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Oct. 21, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,603
In past @ThingsExpo presentations, Joseph di Paolantonio has explored how various Internet of Things (IoT) and data management and analytics (DMA) solution spaces will come together as sensor analytics ecosystems. This year, in his session at @ThingsExpo, Joseph di Paolantonio from DataArchon, will be adding the numerous Transportation areas, from autonomous vehicles to “Uber for containers.” While IoT data in any one area of Transportation will have a huge impact in that area, combining senso...
Oct. 21, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 205
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 21, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 8,918
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 21, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 8,078
The IoT has the potential to create a renaissance of manufacturing in the US and elsewhere. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Florent Solt, CTO and chief architect of Netvibes, discussed how the expected exponential increase in the amount of data that will be processed, transported, stored, and accessed means there will be a huge demand for smart technologies to deliver it. Florent Solt is the CTO and chief architect of Netvibes. Prior to joining Netvibes in 2007, he co-founded Rift Technologi...
Oct. 21, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,809
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Oct. 21, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,000
24Notion is full-service global creative digital marketing, technology and lifestyle agency that combines strategic ideas with customized tactical execution. With a broad understand of the art of traditional marketing, new media, communications and social influence, 24Notion uniquely understands how to connect your brand strategy with the right consumer. 24Notion ranked #12 on Corporate Social Responsibility - Book of List.
Oct. 21, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,480
Established in 1998, Calsoft is a leading software product engineering Services Company specializing in Storage, Networking, Virtualization and Cloud business verticals. Calsoft provides End-to-End Product Development, Quality Assurance Sustenance, Solution Engineering and Professional Services expertise to assist customers in achieving their product development and business goals. The company's deep domain knowledge of Storage, Virtualization, Networking and Cloud verticals helps in delivering ...
Oct. 21, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 914
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftNet Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftNet Solutions specializes in Enterprise Solutions for Hadoop and Big Data. It offers customers the most open, robust, and value-conscious portfolio of solutions, services, and tools for the shortest route to success with Big Data. The unique differentiator is the ability to architect and...
Oct. 21, 2016 03:54 PM EDT Reads: 266
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Oct. 21, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 287
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential M2M Brand by Onalytica in the ‘Machine to Machine: Top 100 Influencers and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed the online debate on M2M by looking at over 85,000 tweets to provide the most influential individuals and brands that drive the discussion. According to Onalytica the "analysis showed a very engaged community with a lot of interactive tweets. The M2M discussion seems to be more fragmented and driven by some of the major brands present in the...
Oct. 21, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 11,154
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Oct. 21, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,360
In the next five to ten years, millions, if not billions of things will become smarter. This smartness goes beyond connected things in our homes like the fridge, thermostat and fancy lighting, and into heavily regulated industries including aerospace, pharmaceutical/medical devices and energy. “Smartness” will embed itself within individual products that are part of our daily lives. We will engage with smart products - learning from them, informing them, and communicating with them. Smart produc...
Oct. 21, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,405
In his keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Sheng Liang, co-founder and CEO of Rancher Labs, will discuss the technological advances and new business opportunities created by the rapid adoption of containers. With the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and various open source technologies used to build private clouds, cloud computing has become an essential component of IT strategy. However, users continue to face challenges in implementing clouds, as older technologies evolve and newer ones like Docke...
Oct. 21, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,202
As ridesharing competitors and enhanced services increase, notable changes are occurring in the transportation model. Despite the cost-effective means and flexibility of ridesharing, both drivers and users will need to be aware of the connected environment and how it will impact the ridesharing experience. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Timothy Evavold, Executive Director Automotive at Covisint, will discuss key challenges and solutions to powering a ride sharing and/or multimodal model in the a...
Oct. 21, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,430
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Oct. 21, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 6,789
SYS-CON Events announced today that Embotics, the cloud automation company, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Embotics is the cloud automation company for IT organizations and service providers that need to improve provisioning or enable self-service capabilities. With a relentless focus on delivering a premier user experience and unmatched customer support, Embotics is the fas...
Oct. 21, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 648
SYS-CON Events announced today that Coalfire will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Coalfire is the trusted leader in cybersecurity risk management and compliance services. Coalfire integrates advisory and technical assessments and recommendations to the corporate directors, executives, boards, and IT organizations for global brands and organizations in the technology, cloud, health...
Oct. 21, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,464
The IoT industry is now at a crossroads, between the fast-paced innovation of technologies and the pending mass adoption by global enterprises. The complexity of combining rapidly evolving technologies and the need to establish practices for market acceleration pose a strong challenge to global enterprises as well as IoT vendors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Clark Smith, senior product manager for Numerex, will discuss how Numerex, as an experienced, established IoT provider, has embraced a ...
Oct. 21, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 914
Cloud based infrastructure deployment is becoming more and more appealing to customers, from Fortune 500 companies to SMEs due to its pay-as-you-go model. Enterprise storage vendors are able to reach out to these customers by integrating in cloud based deployments; this needs adaptability and interoperability of the products confirming to cloud standards such as OpenStack, CloudStack, or Azure. As compared to off the shelf commodity storage, enterprise storages by its reliability, high-availabil...
Oct. 21, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 934