|By Business Wire||
|December 11, 2013 09:02 AM EST||
Dell Software today announced technology innovations that address a host of pressing IT challenges. New solutions and technology integrations within Dell’s mobility/BYOD offerings provide customers the tools to increase workforce productivity, while also ensuring secure control over corporate assets. Continued integration of Dell’s network security and identity and access management technologies further enhances security for users, regardless of location or access need, while Dell’s modern business intelligence and analytics solutions are helping universities simplify their complex data environments. Two key enhancements to its data protection portfolio round out Dell’s newest innovations aimed at keeping corporate assets safe, and the business agile and profitable.
Enterprise Mobility Management
Dell is building on earlier announcements with a unified solution that provides mobile device management (MDM), mobile application management (MAM), mobile content management (MCM), and a Secure Remote Access gateway (SonicWALL/SRA), to establish secure endpoints.
Engineered together, these components comprise Dell’s end-to-end Enterprise Mobility Management solution, supporting enterprise customers’ biggest challenges in dealing with “Bring your own” or “Choose your own” environments. This offering blends world class security technologies, new digital workspace applications and a flexible deployment model with mobility services to help expedite time to value. Dell EMM provides IT with a comprehensive management experience to configure and define security and compliance policies for iOS and Android smartphones; Windows, Android and iOS tablets; Linux, Mac and Windows laptops and desktops; as well as thin and zero cloud clients.
- Today, companies use separate, often disjointed products for security, network services, software and hardware management across multiple OS platforms
With Dell EMM, customers can take advantage of an integrated mobility
solution for secure endpoint management of devices and workspaces,
while ensuring an excellent user experience
- Dell EMM includes strategic IP from Dell SonicWALL, Dell Credant, Dell KACE and Dell Wyse to address security and encryption, policy management, user self-service and compliance reporting requirements. The result is a comprehensive mobile enablement solution that elevates data security and mobile workforce productivity
- Dell EMM has interwoven secure remote access from SonicWALL SRA (Secure Remote Access) and encryption from Dell Data Protection| Encryption to ensure elevated protection and lowest risk exposure
- Dell EMM also includes Dell Data Protection I Virtual Edition, a virtual management server and console app for VMware that allows customers to quickly and easily deploy and manage end point protection
- Dell EMM features container-based workspace apps to ease BYOD management and secure adoption. For employee-owned smartphones and tablets, Dell™ Mobile Workspace gives users secure access to corporate data and productivity tools, including email, calendar, contacts, secure mobile browser and secure local file explorer. For employee-owned PCs and Macs, Dell™ Desktop Workspace provides a secure Microsoft Windows image that can be integrated seamlessly with existing IT infrastructures
- For corporate-owned devices, Dell delivers a secure, managed environment for all endpoints, enabling customers to view all their devices and simplify systems management
- Dell EMM will be sold as an annual software subscription license starting in Q1 2014 in the US and Canada
Dell’s comprehensive Connected Security portfolio offers a breadth of security solutions to connect and protect customers from endpoint to datacenter to cloud. Solutions easily scale with customers’ business, and provide a depth of features that outperform point-product offerings. At this year’s Dell World Conference, Dell announces continued innovation and progress on its Connected Security strategy with the following milestones:
Dell SonicWALL’s network security, secure mobile access, and email security solutions combine to contribute greater information to Dell SonicWALL’s Global Response Intelligent Defense (GRID) Network, which gathers input from millions of sensors and informs actionable defenses against the increasingly connected threat approaches that are exploiting vectors across multiple threat categories today
- The integration of Dell™ Enterprise Single Sign-on with the Dell™ Mobile Clinical Computing solution provides enterprise single sign-on capabilities optimized for the unique needs of healthcare environments
- The integration of Dell™ Defender and Dell™ SonicWALL Secure Remote Access simplifies deployment of two-factor authentication with the Secure Sockets Layer virtual private network (SSL VPN)
- The new integration between Defender and Dell Cloud provides two-factor authentication for administrators managing Dell cloud instances
- The connection of the Dell KACE K1000 Systems Management Appliance with technology from Dell™ Authentication Services streamlines operations by enabling Active Directory-based single sign-on for KACE end users and administrators, who now can use a single credential and password to log in to Active Directory just once
- The recently announced Dell™ InTrust 10.7 integration with Dell SecureWorks enriches SIEM with intelligent data feeds that capture crucial aspects of user activity on Windows systems, detecting internal threats in less time and with less overhead
- The connection of Privileged Password Manager and Privileged Access Suite for Unix with the new InTrust enables organizations to correlate a user’s privileged activity with their general user activity for a full picture of what they are doing with their access
• All security product integrations/connections and updates are available now
Dell™ Toad™ Business Intelligence Suite is part of Dell’s Software’s Information Management portfolio, which makes it possible for organizations to simplify complex data environments and unlock the power of information. Toad Business Intelligence Suite empowers both technical and non-technical users to easily access, prepare, analyze and share data from almost any source to improve decision-making, and maximize the value of the organization’s existing IT and business intelligence investments. The suite includes Toad Intelligence Central, which allows users to combine data across multiple sources, locations and formats, and then collaborate on logical data views through two desktop tools: Toad™ Data Point for analytic data provisioners and Toad™ Decision Point for business analysts.
- Higher Education is an example of one industry that is using data to transform itself. Because educational institutions constantly struggle to connect to all of their disparate data sources ─ and simplify business intelligence ─ they need to gain a complete picture of their data to enable the best possible decision-making
Notable universities deploying Toad Business Intelligence Suite to
alleviate this challenge include Kennesaw
State University and Concordia
- At Kennesaw, Toad Business Intelligence Suite regularly saves HR teams up to 20 hours per week on data provisioning and validation, and increases reporting productivity threefold while empowering administrators to make faster, more informed decisions
- At Concordia University, the solution improved productivity for both technical and non-technical users by providing the right tool for the right user
- Toad Business Intelligence Suite is available worldwide, and has been proven across many different verticals
Dell Software continues to invest heavily in its data protection portfolio to address the evolving needs of mid-size and large enterprises. Few tasks plague organizations more than backup, as poor performance, overwhelming complexity, and lack of scalability remain huge challenges. Dell now offers a portfolio of solutions that address those challenges, enabling organizations to speed backups and restores, scale their backup to match their business needs, and spend less time monitoring/managing backups.
With a focus on delivering greater performance, ease of use and
scalability, Dell unveiled NetVault Backup 10 and a new
high-performance, scale-up model of its DR series of deduplication
storage systems — the Dell DR6000
- NetVault Backup 10 features a new web-based GUI, significantly enhanced scalability, and tight integration with the DR6000 appliance
- The DR6000 is a new model within Dell’s series of DR deduplication appliances. It will be sold in addition to the existing DR4100 appliance, offering more than double the raw capacity, significantly enhanced speed and scalability, and new global management capabilities that give administrators the power to manage all of their DR appliances from one console
- NetVault Backup pricing starts at $2,700 USD per terabyte of front-end data, while the DR6000 starts at a list price of $58,000 for 9TB of usable capacity. The DR6000 will be available worldwide in the first quarter of 2014, and NetVault Backup will be available beginning the second quarter of 2014
Application Performance Monitoring
Dell moves into Software as a Service for application performance monitoring with the release of the next generation of its APM solution, designed to provide answers to improve the performance of web and mobile applications. Dell’s first commercial self-serve APM solution, the new offering will deliver insight into ─ and visualizations of ─ web and mobile application performance through built-in analytics and machine learning capabilities.
- Dell’s APM SaaS solution will provide time to value in minutes with no setup effort required. It easily identifies the most relevant alarms based on impact to business results, and finds the “needle-in-the-haystack” answers to performance problems
- Utilizing a fine-granularity data analysis approach, the product comprehensively quantifies business impact and instantly guides application support teams to the root cause of application issues. While other APM vendors talk about big data, Dell believes big data is just a piece of the equation ─ big answers are the key to ensure business success
Dell currently seeks global participants for the beta
program of its new APM SaaS solution
- The beta program will start in February 2014
- Dell Software solutions are available through the channel
- Dell Enterprise Mobility Management will be available through the channel in 2014
John Swainson, President, Dell Software
“Innovative solutions and technology integrations like those announced today are a testament to Dell Software’s commitment to providing our customers with affordable, simple-to-use, scalable solutions that help accelerate business results. By focusing on today’s challenges, including security, mobility and business intelligence, we make it possible for businesses of all sizes to enhance the capabilities of their datacenters, boost employee productivity and maintain compliance. By innovating and continually transforming our end-to-end solutions portfolio, we easily adapt to the ever-changing needs of our customers, and help IT become a valuable partner to the business.”
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/dellsoftware
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dellsoftware
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Dell-Software-4793472
- Dell Software YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/DellSoftwareVideo
Delivering Complete and Connected Software Solutions
Dell Software empowers companies of all sizes to experience Dell’s “Power to Do More” by delivering scalable yet simple-to-use solutions that can increase productivity, responsiveness and efficiency. Dell Software is uniquely positioned to address today’s most pressing business and IT challenges with holistic, connected software offerings across five core solution areas, encompassing data center and cloud management, information management, mobile workforce management, security and data protection. This software, when combined with Dell hardware and services, helps customers simplify IT, mitigate risk and accelerate business results.
Join us at Dell World 2013, Dell’s premier customer event exploring how technology solutions and services are driving business innovation. Learn more at www.dellworld.com and follow #DellWorld on Twitter.
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, a producer of the first smartphones and tablets, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. He will explain how M2M controllers work through wirelessly connected remote controls; and specifically delve into a retrofit option that reverse-engineers control codes of existing conventional controller systems so they don't have to be replaced and are instantly converted to become smart, connected devices.
Sep. 4, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 263
The 3rd International WebRTC Summit, to be held Nov. 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 15th International Cloud Expo, 6th International Big Data Expo, 3rd International DevOps Summit and 2nd Internet of @ThingsExpo. WebRTC (Web-based Real-Time Communication) is an open source project supported by Google, Mozilla and Opera that aims to enable bro...
Sep. 4, 2015 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,625
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies leverage disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevOps to advance innovation and increase agility. Specializing in designing, imple...
Sep. 4, 2015 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 383
Containers are not new, but renewed commitments to performance, flexibility, and agility have propelled them to the top of the agenda today. By working without the need for virtualization and its overhead, containers are seen as the perfect way to deploy apps and services across multiple clouds. Containers can handle anything from file types to operating systems and services, including microservices. What are microservices? Unlike what the name implies, microservices are not necessarily small, but are focused on specific tasks. The ability for developers to deploy multiple containers – thous...
Sep. 3, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 195
SYS-CON Events announced today that IceWarp will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IceWarp, the leader of cloud and on-premise messaging, delivers secured email, chat, documents, conferencing and collaboration to today's mobile workforce, all in one unified interface
Sep. 3, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 491
All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades. With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo, November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be.
Sep. 3, 2015 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 166
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Sep. 3, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 433
As more and more data is generated from a variety of connected devices, the need to get insights from this data and predict future behavior and trends is increasingly essential for businesses. Real-time stream processing is needed in a variety of different industries such as Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Automobile, Finance, Online Retail, Smart Grids, and Healthcare. Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed distributed stream computation service that provides low latency, scalable processing of streaming data in the cloud with an enterprise grade SLA. It features built-in integration with Azur...
Sep. 3, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 389
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Sep. 3, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 966
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and analyzed? As an area of investment, how might a retail company move towards an innovation methodolo...
Sep. 3, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 516
SYS-CON Events announced today the Containers & Microservices Bootcamp, being held November 3-4, 2015, in conjunction with 17th Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, and @DevOpsSummit at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This is your chance to get started with the latest technology in the industry. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Containers and Microservices Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, a Microsoft Regional Director, will include presentations as well as hands-on demos and comprehensive walkthroughs.
Sep. 3, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 416
Contrary to mainstream media attention, the multiple possibilities of how consumer IoT will transform our everyday lives aren’t the only angle of this headline-gaining trend. There’s a huge opportunity for “industrial IoT” and “Smart Cities” to impact the world in the same capacity – especially during critical situations. For example, a community water dam that needs to release water can leverage embedded critical communications logic to alert the appropriate individuals, on the right device, as soon as they are needed to take action.
Sep. 3, 2015 01:30 PM EDT
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, will introduce the technologies required for implementing these ideas and some early experiments performed in the Kurento open source software community in areas ...
Sep. 3, 2015 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 110
Consumer IoT applications provide data about the user that just doesn’t exist in traditional PC or mobile web applications. This rich data, or “context,” enables the highly personalized consumer experiences that characterize many consumer IoT apps. This same data is also providing brands with unprecedented insight into how their connected products are being used, while, at the same time, powering highly targeted engagement and marketing opportunities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nathan Treloar, President and COO of Bebaio, will explore examples of brands transforming their businesses by t...
Sep. 3, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 289
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts, GM of Platform at FinancialForce.com, will discuss the value of business applications on wearable ...
Sep. 3, 2015 10:45 AM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that Micron Technology, Inc., a global leader in advanced semiconductor systems, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Micron’s broad portfolio of high-performance memory technologies – including DRAM, NAND and NOR Flash – is the basis for solid state drives, modules, multichip packages and other system solutions. Backed by more than 35 years of technology leadership, Micron's memory solutions enable the world's most innovative computing, consumer,...
Sep. 3, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 285
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises are using some form of XaaS – software, platform, and infrastructure as a service.
Sep. 3, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,604
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Sep. 3, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 260
While many app developers are comfortable building apps for the smartphone, there is a whole new world out there. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Narayan Sainaney, Co-founder and CTO of Mojio, will discuss how the business case for connected car apps is growing and, with open platform companies having already done the heavy lifting, there really is no barrier to entry.
Sep. 3, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 215
SYS-CON Events announced today that the "Second Containers & Microservices Expo" will take place November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities.
Sep. 3, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 652