|By Business Wire||
|December 11, 2013 09:02 AM EST||
Dell Software today announced technology innovations that address a host of pressing IT challenges. New solutions and technology integrations within Dell’s mobility/BYOD offerings provide customers the tools to increase workforce productivity, while also ensuring secure control over corporate assets. Continued integration of Dell’s network security and identity and access management technologies further enhances security for users, regardless of location or access need, while Dell’s modern business intelligence and analytics solutions are helping universities simplify their complex data environments. Two key enhancements to its data protection portfolio round out Dell’s newest innovations aimed at keeping corporate assets safe, and the business agile and profitable.
Enterprise Mobility Management
Dell is building on earlier announcements with a unified solution that provides mobile device management (MDM), mobile application management (MAM), mobile content management (MCM), and a Secure Remote Access gateway (SonicWALL/SRA), to establish secure endpoints.
Engineered together, these components comprise Dell’s end-to-end Enterprise Mobility Management solution, supporting enterprise customers’ biggest challenges in dealing with “Bring your own” or “Choose your own” environments. This offering blends world class security technologies, new digital workspace applications and a flexible deployment model with mobility services to help expedite time to value. Dell EMM provides IT with a comprehensive management experience to configure and define security and compliance policies for iOS and Android smartphones; Windows, Android and iOS tablets; Linux, Mac and Windows laptops and desktops; as well as thin and zero cloud clients.
- Today, companies use separate, often disjointed products for security, network services, software and hardware management across multiple OS platforms
With Dell EMM, customers can take advantage of an integrated mobility
solution for secure endpoint management of devices and workspaces,
while ensuring an excellent user experience
- Dell EMM includes strategic IP from Dell SonicWALL, Dell Credant, Dell KACE and Dell Wyse to address security and encryption, policy management, user self-service and compliance reporting requirements. The result is a comprehensive mobile enablement solution that elevates data security and mobile workforce productivity
- Dell EMM has interwoven secure remote access from SonicWALL SRA (Secure Remote Access) and encryption from Dell Data Protection| Encryption to ensure elevated protection and lowest risk exposure
- Dell EMM also includes Dell Data Protection I Virtual Edition, a virtual management server and console app for VMware that allows customers to quickly and easily deploy and manage end point protection
- Dell EMM features container-based workspace apps to ease BYOD management and secure adoption. For employee-owned smartphones and tablets, Dell™ Mobile Workspace gives users secure access to corporate data and productivity tools, including email, calendar, contacts, secure mobile browser and secure local file explorer. For employee-owned PCs and Macs, Dell™ Desktop Workspace provides a secure Microsoft Windows image that can be integrated seamlessly with existing IT infrastructures
- For corporate-owned devices, Dell delivers a secure, managed environment for all endpoints, enabling customers to view all their devices and simplify systems management
- Dell EMM will be sold as an annual software subscription license starting in Q1 2014 in the US and Canada
Dell’s comprehensive Connected Security portfolio offers a breadth of security solutions to connect and protect customers from endpoint to datacenter to cloud. Solutions easily scale with customers’ business, and provide a depth of features that outperform point-product offerings. At this year’s Dell World Conference, Dell announces continued innovation and progress on its Connected Security strategy with the following milestones:
Dell SonicWALL’s network security, secure mobile access, and email security solutions combine to contribute greater information to Dell SonicWALL’s Global Response Intelligent Defense (GRID) Network, which gathers input from millions of sensors and informs actionable defenses against the increasingly connected threat approaches that are exploiting vectors across multiple threat categories today
- The integration of Dell™ Enterprise Single Sign-on with the Dell™ Mobile Clinical Computing solution provides enterprise single sign-on capabilities optimized for the unique needs of healthcare environments
- The integration of Dell™ Defender and Dell™ SonicWALL Secure Remote Access simplifies deployment of two-factor authentication with the Secure Sockets Layer virtual private network (SSL VPN)
- The new integration between Defender and Dell Cloud provides two-factor authentication for administrators managing Dell cloud instances
- The connection of the Dell KACE K1000 Systems Management Appliance with technology from Dell™ Authentication Services streamlines operations by enabling Active Directory-based single sign-on for KACE end users and administrators, who now can use a single credential and password to log in to Active Directory just once
- The recently announced Dell™ InTrust 10.7 integration with Dell SecureWorks enriches SIEM with intelligent data feeds that capture crucial aspects of user activity on Windows systems, detecting internal threats in less time and with less overhead
- The connection of Privileged Password Manager and Privileged Access Suite for Unix with the new InTrust enables organizations to correlate a user’s privileged activity with their general user activity for a full picture of what they are doing with their access
• All security product integrations/connections and updates are available now
Dell™ Toad™ Business Intelligence Suite is part of Dell’s Software’s Information Management portfolio, which makes it possible for organizations to simplify complex data environments and unlock the power of information. Toad Business Intelligence Suite empowers both technical and non-technical users to easily access, prepare, analyze and share data from almost any source to improve decision-making, and maximize the value of the organization’s existing IT and business intelligence investments. The suite includes Toad Intelligence Central, which allows users to combine data across multiple sources, locations and formats, and then collaborate on logical data views through two desktop tools: Toad™ Data Point for analytic data provisioners and Toad™ Decision Point for business analysts.
- Higher Education is an example of one industry that is using data to transform itself. Because educational institutions constantly struggle to connect to all of their disparate data sources ─ and simplify business intelligence ─ they need to gain a complete picture of their data to enable the best possible decision-making
Notable universities deploying Toad Business Intelligence Suite to
alleviate this challenge include Kennesaw
State University and Concordia
- At Kennesaw, Toad Business Intelligence Suite regularly saves HR teams up to 20 hours per week on data provisioning and validation, and increases reporting productivity threefold while empowering administrators to make faster, more informed decisions
- At Concordia University, the solution improved productivity for both technical and non-technical users by providing the right tool for the right user
- Toad Business Intelligence Suite is available worldwide, and has been proven across many different verticals
Dell Software continues to invest heavily in its data protection portfolio to address the evolving needs of mid-size and large enterprises. Few tasks plague organizations more than backup, as poor performance, overwhelming complexity, and lack of scalability remain huge challenges. Dell now offers a portfolio of solutions that address those challenges, enabling organizations to speed backups and restores, scale their backup to match their business needs, and spend less time monitoring/managing backups.
With a focus on delivering greater performance, ease of use and
scalability, Dell unveiled NetVault Backup 10 and a new
high-performance, scale-up model of its DR series of deduplication
storage systems — the Dell DR6000
- NetVault Backup 10 features a new web-based GUI, significantly enhanced scalability, and tight integration with the DR6000 appliance
- The DR6000 is a new model within Dell’s series of DR deduplication appliances. It will be sold in addition to the existing DR4100 appliance, offering more than double the raw capacity, significantly enhanced speed and scalability, and new global management capabilities that give administrators the power to manage all of their DR appliances from one console
- NetVault Backup pricing starts at $2,700 USD per terabyte of front-end data, while the DR6000 starts at a list price of $58,000 for 9TB of usable capacity. The DR6000 will be available worldwide in the first quarter of 2014, and NetVault Backup will be available beginning the second quarter of 2014
Application Performance Monitoring
Dell moves into Software as a Service for application performance monitoring with the release of the next generation of its APM solution, designed to provide answers to improve the performance of web and mobile applications. Dell’s first commercial self-serve APM solution, the new offering will deliver insight into ─ and visualizations of ─ web and mobile application performance through built-in analytics and machine learning capabilities.
- Dell’s APM SaaS solution will provide time to value in minutes with no setup effort required. It easily identifies the most relevant alarms based on impact to business results, and finds the “needle-in-the-haystack” answers to performance problems
- Utilizing a fine-granularity data analysis approach, the product comprehensively quantifies business impact and instantly guides application support teams to the root cause of application issues. While other APM vendors talk about big data, Dell believes big data is just a piece of the equation ─ big answers are the key to ensure business success
Dell currently seeks global participants for the beta
program of its new APM SaaS solution
- The beta program will start in February 2014
- Dell Software solutions are available through the channel
- Dell Enterprise Mobility Management will be available through the channel in 2014
John Swainson, President, Dell Software
“Innovative solutions and technology integrations like those announced today are a testament to Dell Software’s commitment to providing our customers with affordable, simple-to-use, scalable solutions that help accelerate business results. By focusing on today’s challenges, including security, mobility and business intelligence, we make it possible for businesses of all sizes to enhance the capabilities of their datacenters, boost employee productivity and maintain compliance. By innovating and continually transforming our end-to-end solutions portfolio, we easily adapt to the ever-changing needs of our customers, and help IT become a valuable partner to the business.”
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/dellsoftware
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dellsoftware
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Dell-Software-4793472
- Dell Software YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/DellSoftwareVideo
Delivering Complete and Connected Software Solutions
Dell Software empowers companies of all sizes to experience Dell’s “Power to Do More” by delivering scalable yet simple-to-use solutions that can increase productivity, responsiveness and efficiency. Dell Software is uniquely positioned to address today’s most pressing business and IT challenges with holistic, connected software offerings across five core solution areas, encompassing data center and cloud management, information management, mobile workforce management, security and data protection. This software, when combined with Dell hardware and services, helps customers simplify IT, mitigate risk and accelerate business results.
Join us at Dell World 2013, Dell’s premier customer event exploring how technology solutions and services are driving business innovation. Learn more at www.dellworld.com and follow #DellWorld on Twitter.
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 2, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 505
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducted a live demonstration of how quickly application development can happen when the need to comply wit...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 353
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 334
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems, described how to revolutionize your archit...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,421
MuleSoft has announced the findings of its 2015 Connectivity Benchmark Report on the adoption and business impact of APIs. The findings suggest traditional businesses are quickly evolving into "composable enterprises" built out of hundreds of connected software services, applications and devices. Most are embracing the Internet of Things (IoT) and microservices technologies like Docker. A majority are integrating wearables, like smart watches, and more than half plan to generate revenue with APIs within the next year.
Jul. 30, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 140
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, d...
Jul. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,077
In his keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Rodney Rogers, CEO of Virtustream, discussed the evolution of the company from inception to its recent acquisition by EMC – including personal insights, lessons learned (and some WTF moments) along the way. Learn how Virtustream’s unique approach of combining the economics and elasticity of the consumer cloud model with proper performance, application automation and security into a platform became a breakout success with enterprise customers and a natural fit for the EMC Federation.
Jul. 30, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,173
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of profound change in the industry.
Jul. 29, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,298
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affect their organization.
Jul. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,204
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world and it starts with business models and monetization strategies.
Jul. 28, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,776
Converging digital disruptions is creating a major sea change - Cisco calls this the Internet of Everything (IoE). IoE is the network connection of People, Process, Data and Things, fueled by Cloud, Mobile, Social, Analytics and Security, and it represents a $19Trillion value-at-stake over the next 10 years. In her keynote at @ThingsExpo, Manjula Talreja, VP of Cisco Consulting Services, discussed IoE and the enormous opportunities it provides to public and private firms alike. She will share what businesses must do to thrive in the IoE economy, citing examples from several industry sectors.
Jul. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,049
There will be 150 billion connected devices by 2020. New digital businesses have already disrupted value chains across every industry. APIs are at the center of the digital business. You need to understand what assets you have that can be exposed digitally, what their digital value chain is, and how to create an effective business model around that value chain to compete in this economy. No enterprise can be complacent and not engage in the digital economy. Learn how to be the disruptor and not the disruptee.
Jul. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,044
Akana has released Envision, an enhanced API analytics platform that helps enterprises mine critical insights across their digital eco-systems, understand their customers and partners and offer value-added personalized services. “In today’s digital economy, data-driven insights are proving to be a key differentiator for businesses. Understanding the data that is being tunneled through their APIs and how it can be used to optimize their business and operations is of paramount importance,” said Alistair Farquharson, CTO of Akana.
Jul. 27, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 334
Business as usual for IT is evolving into a "Make or Buy" decision on a service-by-service conversation with input from the LOBs. How does your organization move forward with cloud? In his general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Paul Maravei, Regional Sales Manager, Hybrid Cloud and Managed Services at Cisco, discusses how Cisco and its partners offer a market-leading portfolio and ecosystem of cloud infrastructure and application services that allow you to uniquely and securely combine cloud business applications and services across multiple cloud delivery models.
Jul. 27, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,910
The enterprise market will drive IoT device adoption over the next five years. In his session at @ThingsExpo, John Greenough, an analyst at BI Intelligence, division of Business Insider, analyzed how companies will adopt IoT products and the associated cost of adopting those products. John Greenough is the lead analyst covering the Internet of Things for BI Intelligence- Business Insider’s paid research service. Numerous IoT companies have cited his analysis of the IoT. Prior to joining BI Intelligence, he worked analyzing bank technology for Corporate Insight and The Clearing House Payment...
Jul. 26, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,587
"Optimal Design is a technology integration and product development firm that specializes in connecting devices to the cloud," stated Joe Wascow, Co-Founder & CMO of Optimal Design, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 404
SYS-CON Events announced today that CommVault has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unp...
Jul. 25, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,973
Electric Cloud and Arynga have announced a product integration partnership that will bring Continuous Delivery solutions to the automotive Internet-of-Things (IoT) market. The joint solution will help automotive manufacturers, OEMs and system integrators adopt DevOps automation and Continuous Delivery practices that reduce software build and release cycle times within the complex and specific parameters of embedded and IoT software systems.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 486
"ciqada is a combined platform of hardware modules and server products that lets people take their existing devices or new devices and lets them be accessible over the Internet for their users," noted Geoff Engelstein of ciqada, a division of Mars International, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,553
Internet of Things is moving from being a hype to a reality. Experts estimate that internet connected cars will grow to 152 million, while over 100 million internet connected wireless light bulbs and lamps will be operational by 2020. These and many other intriguing statistics highlight the importance of Internet powered devices and how market penetration is going to multiply many times over in the next few years.
Jul. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,502