|By Business Wire||
|December 11, 2013 09:02 AM EST||
Dell Software today announced technology innovations that address a host of pressing IT challenges. New solutions and technology integrations within Dell’s mobility/BYOD offerings provide customers the tools to increase workforce productivity, while also ensuring secure control over corporate assets. Continued integration of Dell’s network security and identity and access management technologies further enhances security for users, regardless of location or access need, while Dell’s modern business intelligence and analytics solutions are helping universities simplify their complex data environments. Two key enhancements to its data protection portfolio round out Dell’s newest innovations aimed at keeping corporate assets safe, and the business agile and profitable.
Enterprise Mobility Management
Dell is building on earlier announcements with a unified solution that provides mobile device management (MDM), mobile application management (MAM), mobile content management (MCM), and a Secure Remote Access gateway (SonicWALL/SRA), to establish secure endpoints.
Engineered together, these components comprise Dell’s end-to-end Enterprise Mobility Management solution, supporting enterprise customers’ biggest challenges in dealing with “Bring your own” or “Choose your own” environments. This offering blends world class security technologies, new digital workspace applications and a flexible deployment model with mobility services to help expedite time to value. Dell EMM provides IT with a comprehensive management experience to configure and define security and compliance policies for iOS and Android smartphones; Windows, Android and iOS tablets; Linux, Mac and Windows laptops and desktops; as well as thin and zero cloud clients.
- Today, companies use separate, often disjointed products for security, network services, software and hardware management across multiple OS platforms
With Dell EMM, customers can take advantage of an integrated mobility
solution for secure endpoint management of devices and workspaces,
while ensuring an excellent user experience
- Dell EMM includes strategic IP from Dell SonicWALL, Dell Credant, Dell KACE and Dell Wyse to address security and encryption, policy management, user self-service and compliance reporting requirements. The result is a comprehensive mobile enablement solution that elevates data security and mobile workforce productivity
- Dell EMM has interwoven secure remote access from SonicWALL SRA (Secure Remote Access) and encryption from Dell Data Protection| Encryption to ensure elevated protection and lowest risk exposure
- Dell EMM also includes Dell Data Protection I Virtual Edition, a virtual management server and console app for VMware that allows customers to quickly and easily deploy and manage end point protection
- Dell EMM features container-based workspace apps to ease BYOD management and secure adoption. For employee-owned smartphones and tablets, Dell™ Mobile Workspace gives users secure access to corporate data and productivity tools, including email, calendar, contacts, secure mobile browser and secure local file explorer. For employee-owned PCs and Macs, Dell™ Desktop Workspace provides a secure Microsoft Windows image that can be integrated seamlessly with existing IT infrastructures
- For corporate-owned devices, Dell delivers a secure, managed environment for all endpoints, enabling customers to view all their devices and simplify systems management
- Dell EMM will be sold as an annual software subscription license starting in Q1 2014 in the US and Canada
Dell’s comprehensive Connected Security portfolio offers a breadth of security solutions to connect and protect customers from endpoint to datacenter to cloud. Solutions easily scale with customers’ business, and provide a depth of features that outperform point-product offerings. At this year’s Dell World Conference, Dell announces continued innovation and progress on its Connected Security strategy with the following milestones:
Dell SonicWALL’s network security, secure mobile access, and email security solutions combine to contribute greater information to Dell SonicWALL’s Global Response Intelligent Defense (GRID) Network, which gathers input from millions of sensors and informs actionable defenses against the increasingly connected threat approaches that are exploiting vectors across multiple threat categories today
- The integration of Dell™ Enterprise Single Sign-on with the Dell™ Mobile Clinical Computing solution provides enterprise single sign-on capabilities optimized for the unique needs of healthcare environments
- The integration of Dell™ Defender and Dell™ SonicWALL Secure Remote Access simplifies deployment of two-factor authentication with the Secure Sockets Layer virtual private network (SSL VPN)
- The new integration between Defender and Dell Cloud provides two-factor authentication for administrators managing Dell cloud instances
- The connection of the Dell KACE K1000 Systems Management Appliance with technology from Dell™ Authentication Services streamlines operations by enabling Active Directory-based single sign-on for KACE end users and administrators, who now can use a single credential and password to log in to Active Directory just once
- The recently announced Dell™ InTrust 10.7 integration with Dell SecureWorks enriches SIEM with intelligent data feeds that capture crucial aspects of user activity on Windows systems, detecting internal threats in less time and with less overhead
- The connection of Privileged Password Manager and Privileged Access Suite for Unix with the new InTrust enables organizations to correlate a user’s privileged activity with their general user activity for a full picture of what they are doing with their access
• All security product integrations/connections and updates are available now
Dell™ Toad™ Business Intelligence Suite is part of Dell’s Software’s Information Management portfolio, which makes it possible for organizations to simplify complex data environments and unlock the power of information. Toad Business Intelligence Suite empowers both technical and non-technical users to easily access, prepare, analyze and share data from almost any source to improve decision-making, and maximize the value of the organization’s existing IT and business intelligence investments. The suite includes Toad Intelligence Central, which allows users to combine data across multiple sources, locations and formats, and then collaborate on logical data views through two desktop tools: Toad™ Data Point for analytic data provisioners and Toad™ Decision Point for business analysts.
- Higher Education is an example of one industry that is using data to transform itself. Because educational institutions constantly struggle to connect to all of their disparate data sources ─ and simplify business intelligence ─ they need to gain a complete picture of their data to enable the best possible decision-making
Notable universities deploying Toad Business Intelligence Suite to
alleviate this challenge include Kennesaw
State University and Concordia
- At Kennesaw, Toad Business Intelligence Suite regularly saves HR teams up to 20 hours per week on data provisioning and validation, and increases reporting productivity threefold while empowering administrators to make faster, more informed decisions
- At Concordia University, the solution improved productivity for both technical and non-technical users by providing the right tool for the right user
- Toad Business Intelligence Suite is available worldwide, and has been proven across many different verticals
Dell Software continues to invest heavily in its data protection portfolio to address the evolving needs of mid-size and large enterprises. Few tasks plague organizations more than backup, as poor performance, overwhelming complexity, and lack of scalability remain huge challenges. Dell now offers a portfolio of solutions that address those challenges, enabling organizations to speed backups and restores, scale their backup to match their business needs, and spend less time monitoring/managing backups.
With a focus on delivering greater performance, ease of use and
scalability, Dell unveiled NetVault Backup 10 and a new
high-performance, scale-up model of its DR series of deduplication
storage systems — the Dell DR6000
- NetVault Backup 10 features a new web-based GUI, significantly enhanced scalability, and tight integration with the DR6000 appliance
- The DR6000 is a new model within Dell’s series of DR deduplication appliances. It will be sold in addition to the existing DR4100 appliance, offering more than double the raw capacity, significantly enhanced speed and scalability, and new global management capabilities that give administrators the power to manage all of their DR appliances from one console
- NetVault Backup pricing starts at $2,700 USD per terabyte of front-end data, while the DR6000 starts at a list price of $58,000 for 9TB of usable capacity. The DR6000 will be available worldwide in the first quarter of 2014, and NetVault Backup will be available beginning the second quarter of 2014
Application Performance Monitoring
Dell moves into Software as a Service for application performance monitoring with the release of the next generation of its APM solution, designed to provide answers to improve the performance of web and mobile applications. Dell’s first commercial self-serve APM solution, the new offering will deliver insight into ─ and visualizations of ─ web and mobile application performance through built-in analytics and machine learning capabilities.
- Dell’s APM SaaS solution will provide time to value in minutes with no setup effort required. It easily identifies the most relevant alarms based on impact to business results, and finds the “needle-in-the-haystack” answers to performance problems
- Utilizing a fine-granularity data analysis approach, the product comprehensively quantifies business impact and instantly guides application support teams to the root cause of application issues. While other APM vendors talk about big data, Dell believes big data is just a piece of the equation ─ big answers are the key to ensure business success
Dell currently seeks global participants for the beta
program of its new APM SaaS solution
- The beta program will start in February 2014
- Dell Software solutions are available through the channel
- Dell Enterprise Mobility Management will be available through the channel in 2014
John Swainson, President, Dell Software
“Innovative solutions and technology integrations like those announced today are a testament to Dell Software’s commitment to providing our customers with affordable, simple-to-use, scalable solutions that help accelerate business results. By focusing on today’s challenges, including security, mobility and business intelligence, we make it possible for businesses of all sizes to enhance the capabilities of their datacenters, boost employee productivity and maintain compliance. By innovating and continually transforming our end-to-end solutions portfolio, we easily adapt to the ever-changing needs of our customers, and help IT become a valuable partner to the business.”
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/dellsoftware
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dellsoftware
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Dell-Software-4793472
- Dell Software YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/DellSoftwareVideo
Delivering Complete and Connected Software Solutions
Dell Software empowers companies of all sizes to experience Dell’s “Power to Do More” by delivering scalable yet simple-to-use solutions that can increase productivity, responsiveness and efficiency. Dell Software is uniquely positioned to address today’s most pressing business and IT challenges with holistic, connected software offerings across five core solution areas, encompassing data center and cloud management, information management, mobile workforce management, security and data protection. This software, when combined with Dell hardware and services, helps customers simplify IT, mitigate risk and accelerate business results.
Join us at Dell World 2013, Dell’s premier customer event exploring how technology solutions and services are driving business innovation. Learn more at www.dellworld.com and follow #DellWorld on Twitter.
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Dec. 11, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 2,393
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and sh...
Dec. 11, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 909
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Dec. 11, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 1,111
"We're a cybersecurity firm that specializes in engineering security solutions both at the software and hardware level. Security cannot be an after-the-fact afterthought, which is what it's become," stated Richard Blech, Chief Executive Officer at Secure Channels, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 11:15 PM EST Reads: 1,219
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 09:15 PM EST Reads: 1,355
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 10, 2016 07:30 PM EST Reads: 1,821
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Dec. 10, 2016 07:00 PM EST Reads: 4,158
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2017 New York. The 20th Cloud Expo and 7th @ThingsExpo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Internet to enable us all to im...
Dec. 10, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,036
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 10, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,551
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 10, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,973
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Dec. 10, 2016 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,099
"ReadyTalk is an audio and web video conferencing provider. We've really come to embrace WebRTC as the platform for our future of technology," explained Dan Cunningham, CTO of ReadyTalk, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,012
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 10, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,428
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Dec. 10, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,842
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 10, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,933
"At ROHA we develop an app called Catcha. It was developed after we spent a year meeting with, talking to, interacting with senior citizens watching them use their smartphones and talking to them about how they use their smartphones so we could get to know their smartphone behavior," explained Dave Woods, Chief Innovation Officer at ROHA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 950
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry’s single source for the cloud. Fusion’s advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including cloud...
Dec. 10, 2016 01:45 PM EST Reads: 792
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, discussed how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your aud...
Dec. 10, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 451
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Dec. 10, 2016 12:45 PM EST Reads: 2,178
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Dec. 10, 2016 12:15 PM EST Reads: 7,535