|By Business Wire||
|December 11, 2013 09:02 AM EST||
Dell Software today announced technology innovations that address a host of pressing IT challenges. New solutions and technology integrations within Dell’s mobility/BYOD offerings provide customers the tools to increase workforce productivity, while also ensuring secure control over corporate assets. Continued integration of Dell’s network security and identity and access management technologies further enhances security for users, regardless of location or access need, while Dell’s modern business intelligence and analytics solutions are helping universities simplify their complex data environments. Two key enhancements to its data protection portfolio round out Dell’s newest innovations aimed at keeping corporate assets safe, and the business agile and profitable.
Enterprise Mobility Management
Dell is building on earlier announcements with a unified solution that provides mobile device management (MDM), mobile application management (MAM), mobile content management (MCM), and a Secure Remote Access gateway (SonicWALL/SRA), to establish secure endpoints.
Engineered together, these components comprise Dell’s end-to-end Enterprise Mobility Management solution, supporting enterprise customers’ biggest challenges in dealing with “Bring your own” or “Choose your own” environments. This offering blends world class security technologies, new digital workspace applications and a flexible deployment model with mobility services to help expedite time to value. Dell EMM provides IT with a comprehensive management experience to configure and define security and compliance policies for iOS and Android smartphones; Windows, Android and iOS tablets; Linux, Mac and Windows laptops and desktops; as well as thin and zero cloud clients.
- Today, companies use separate, often disjointed products for security, network services, software and hardware management across multiple OS platforms
With Dell EMM, customers can take advantage of an integrated mobility
solution for secure endpoint management of devices and workspaces,
while ensuring an excellent user experience
- Dell EMM includes strategic IP from Dell SonicWALL, Dell Credant, Dell KACE and Dell Wyse to address security and encryption, policy management, user self-service and compliance reporting requirements. The result is a comprehensive mobile enablement solution that elevates data security and mobile workforce productivity
- Dell EMM has interwoven secure remote access from SonicWALL SRA (Secure Remote Access) and encryption from Dell Data Protection| Encryption to ensure elevated protection and lowest risk exposure
- Dell EMM also includes Dell Data Protection I Virtual Edition, a virtual management server and console app for VMware that allows customers to quickly and easily deploy and manage end point protection
- Dell EMM features container-based workspace apps to ease BYOD management and secure adoption. For employee-owned smartphones and tablets, Dell™ Mobile Workspace gives users secure access to corporate data and productivity tools, including email, calendar, contacts, secure mobile browser and secure local file explorer. For employee-owned PCs and Macs, Dell™ Desktop Workspace provides a secure Microsoft Windows image that can be integrated seamlessly with existing IT infrastructures
- For corporate-owned devices, Dell delivers a secure, managed environment for all endpoints, enabling customers to view all their devices and simplify systems management
- Dell EMM will be sold as an annual software subscription license starting in Q1 2014 in the US and Canada
Dell’s comprehensive Connected Security portfolio offers a breadth of security solutions to connect and protect customers from endpoint to datacenter to cloud. Solutions easily scale with customers’ business, and provide a depth of features that outperform point-product offerings. At this year’s Dell World Conference, Dell announces continued innovation and progress on its Connected Security strategy with the following milestones:
Dell SonicWALL’s network security, secure mobile access, and email security solutions combine to contribute greater information to Dell SonicWALL’s Global Response Intelligent Defense (GRID) Network, which gathers input from millions of sensors and informs actionable defenses against the increasingly connected threat approaches that are exploiting vectors across multiple threat categories today
- The integration of Dell™ Enterprise Single Sign-on with the Dell™ Mobile Clinical Computing solution provides enterprise single sign-on capabilities optimized for the unique needs of healthcare environments
- The integration of Dell™ Defender and Dell™ SonicWALL Secure Remote Access simplifies deployment of two-factor authentication with the Secure Sockets Layer virtual private network (SSL VPN)
- The new integration between Defender and Dell Cloud provides two-factor authentication for administrators managing Dell cloud instances
- The connection of the Dell KACE K1000 Systems Management Appliance with technology from Dell™ Authentication Services streamlines operations by enabling Active Directory-based single sign-on for KACE end users and administrators, who now can use a single credential and password to log in to Active Directory just once
- The recently announced Dell™ InTrust 10.7 integration with Dell SecureWorks enriches SIEM with intelligent data feeds that capture crucial aspects of user activity on Windows systems, detecting internal threats in less time and with less overhead
- The connection of Privileged Password Manager and Privileged Access Suite for Unix with the new InTrust enables organizations to correlate a user’s privileged activity with their general user activity for a full picture of what they are doing with their access
• All security product integrations/connections and updates are available now
Dell™ Toad™ Business Intelligence Suite is part of Dell’s Software’s Information Management portfolio, which makes it possible for organizations to simplify complex data environments and unlock the power of information. Toad Business Intelligence Suite empowers both technical and non-technical users to easily access, prepare, analyze and share data from almost any source to improve decision-making, and maximize the value of the organization’s existing IT and business intelligence investments. The suite includes Toad Intelligence Central, which allows users to combine data across multiple sources, locations and formats, and then collaborate on logical data views through two desktop tools: Toad™ Data Point for analytic data provisioners and Toad™ Decision Point for business analysts.
- Higher Education is an example of one industry that is using data to transform itself. Because educational institutions constantly struggle to connect to all of their disparate data sources ─ and simplify business intelligence ─ they need to gain a complete picture of their data to enable the best possible decision-making
Notable universities deploying Toad Business Intelligence Suite to
alleviate this challenge include Kennesaw
State University and Concordia
- At Kennesaw, Toad Business Intelligence Suite regularly saves HR teams up to 20 hours per week on data provisioning and validation, and increases reporting productivity threefold while empowering administrators to make faster, more informed decisions
- At Concordia University, the solution improved productivity for both technical and non-technical users by providing the right tool for the right user
- Toad Business Intelligence Suite is available worldwide, and has been proven across many different verticals
Dell Software continues to invest heavily in its data protection portfolio to address the evolving needs of mid-size and large enterprises. Few tasks plague organizations more than backup, as poor performance, overwhelming complexity, and lack of scalability remain huge challenges. Dell now offers a portfolio of solutions that address those challenges, enabling organizations to speed backups and restores, scale their backup to match their business needs, and spend less time monitoring/managing backups.
With a focus on delivering greater performance, ease of use and
scalability, Dell unveiled NetVault Backup 10 and a new
high-performance, scale-up model of its DR series of deduplication
storage systems — the Dell DR6000
- NetVault Backup 10 features a new web-based GUI, significantly enhanced scalability, and tight integration with the DR6000 appliance
- The DR6000 is a new model within Dell’s series of DR deduplication appliances. It will be sold in addition to the existing DR4100 appliance, offering more than double the raw capacity, significantly enhanced speed and scalability, and new global management capabilities that give administrators the power to manage all of their DR appliances from one console
- NetVault Backup pricing starts at $2,700 USD per terabyte of front-end data, while the DR6000 starts at a list price of $58,000 for 9TB of usable capacity. The DR6000 will be available worldwide in the first quarter of 2014, and NetVault Backup will be available beginning the second quarter of 2014
Application Performance Monitoring
Dell moves into Software as a Service for application performance monitoring with the release of the next generation of its APM solution, designed to provide answers to improve the performance of web and mobile applications. Dell’s first commercial self-serve APM solution, the new offering will deliver insight into ─ and visualizations of ─ web and mobile application performance through built-in analytics and machine learning capabilities.
- Dell’s APM SaaS solution will provide time to value in minutes with no setup effort required. It easily identifies the most relevant alarms based on impact to business results, and finds the “needle-in-the-haystack” answers to performance problems
- Utilizing a fine-granularity data analysis approach, the product comprehensively quantifies business impact and instantly guides application support teams to the root cause of application issues. While other APM vendors talk about big data, Dell believes big data is just a piece of the equation ─ big answers are the key to ensure business success
Dell currently seeks global participants for the beta
program of its new APM SaaS solution
- The beta program will start in February 2014
- Dell Software solutions are available through the channel
- Dell Enterprise Mobility Management will be available through the channel in 2014
John Swainson, President, Dell Software
“Innovative solutions and technology integrations like those announced today are a testament to Dell Software’s commitment to providing our customers with affordable, simple-to-use, scalable solutions that help accelerate business results. By focusing on today’s challenges, including security, mobility and business intelligence, we make it possible for businesses of all sizes to enhance the capabilities of their datacenters, boost employee productivity and maintain compliance. By innovating and continually transforming our end-to-end solutions portfolio, we easily adapt to the ever-changing needs of our customers, and help IT become a valuable partner to the business.”
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/dellsoftware
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dellsoftware
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Dell-Software-4793472
- Dell Software YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/DellSoftwareVideo
Delivering Complete and Connected Software Solutions
Dell Software empowers companies of all sizes to experience Dell’s “Power to Do More” by delivering scalable yet simple-to-use solutions that can increase productivity, responsiveness and efficiency. Dell Software is uniquely positioned to address today’s most pressing business and IT challenges with holistic, connected software offerings across five core solution areas, encompassing data center and cloud management, information management, mobile workforce management, security and data protection. This software, when combined with Dell hardware and services, helps customers simplify IT, mitigate risk and accelerate business results.
Join us at Dell World 2013, Dell’s premier customer event exploring how technology solutions and services are driving business innovation. Learn more at www.dellworld.com and follow #DellWorld on Twitter.
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.
The Internet of Everything is re-shaping technology trends–moving away from “request/response” architecture to an “always-on” Streaming Web where data is in constant motion and secure, reliable communication is an absolute necessity. As more and more THINGS go online, the challenges that developers will need to address will only increase exponentially. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Todd Greene, Founder & CEO of PubNub, will explore the current state of IoT connectivity and review key trends and technology requirements that will drive the Internet of Things from hype to reality.
Oct. 10, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 142
SYS-CON Events announced today that IBM Cloud Data Services has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IBM Cloud Data Services offers a portfolio of integrated, best-of-breed cloud data services for developers focused on mobile computing and analytics use cases.
Oct. 10, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 754
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data shows "less than 10 percent of IoT developers are making enough to support a reasonably sized team....
Oct. 10, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 269
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi's VP Business Development and Engineering, will explore the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving this change including privacy controls, data transparency and integration of real time context w...
Oct. 10, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 164
Developing software for the Internet of Things (IoT) comes with its own set of challenges. Security, privacy, and unified standards are a few key issues. In addition, each IoT product is comprised of at least three separate application components: the software embedded in the device, the backend big-data service, and the mobile application for the end user's controls. Each component is developed by a different team, using different technologies and practices, and deployed to a different stack/target - this makes the integration of these separate pipelines and the coordination of software upd...
Oct. 10, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 336
As a company adopts a DevOps approach to software development, what are key things that both the Dev and Ops side of the business must keep in mind to ensure effective continuous delivery? In his session at DevOps Summit, Mark Hydar, Head of DevOps, Ericsson TV Platforms, will share best practices and provide helpful tips for Ops teams to adopt an open line of communication with the development side of the house to ensure success between the two sides.
Oct. 10, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 643
There will be 20 billion IoT devices connected to the Internet soon. What if we could control these devices with our voice, mind, or gestures? What if we could teach these devices how to talk to each other? What if these devices could learn how to interact with us (and each other) to make our lives better? What if Jarvis was real? How can I gain these super powers? In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, will show you!
Oct. 10, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 135
Mobile messaging has been a popular communication channel for more than 20 years. Finnish engineer Matti Makkonen invented the idea for SMS (Short Message Service) in 1984, making his vision a reality on December 3, 1992 by sending the first message ("Happy Christmas") from a PC to a cell phone. Since then, the technology has evolved immensely, from both a technology standpoint, and in our everyday uses for it. Originally used for person-to-person (P2P) communication, i.e., Sally sends a text message to Betty – mobile messaging now offers tremendous value to businesses for customer and empl...
Oct. 10, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 338
SYS-CON Events announced today that Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, will keynote at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 10, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 152
The IoT market is on track to hit $7.1 trillion in 2020. The reality is that only a handful of companies are ready for this massive demand. There are a lot of barriers, paint points, traps, and hidden roadblocks. How can we deal with these issues and challenges? The paradigm has changed. Old-style ad-hoc trial-and-error ways will certainly lead you to the dead end. What is mandatory is an overarching and adaptive approach to effectively handle the rapid changes and exponential growth.
Oct. 10, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 257
The IoT is upon us, but today’s databases, built on 30-year-old math, require multiple platforms to create a single solution. Data demands of the IoT require Big Data systems that can handle ingest, transactions and analytics concurrently adapting to varied situations as they occur, with speed at scale. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chad Jones, chief strategy officer at Deep Information Sciences, will look differently at IoT data so enterprises can fully leverage their IoT potential. He’ll share tips on how to speed up business initiatives, harness Big Data and remain one step ahead by apply...
Oct. 10, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 651
WebRTC converts the entire network into a ubiquitous communications cloud thereby connecting anytime, anywhere through any point. In his session at WebRTC Summit,, Mark Castleman, EIR at Bell Labs and Head of Future X Labs, will discuss how the transformational nature of communications is achieved through the democratizing force of WebRTC. WebRTC is doing for voice what HTML did for web content.
Oct. 10, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,448
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 10, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,959
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Oct. 10, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 828
Nowadays, a large number of sensors and devices are connected to the network. Leading-edge IoT technologies integrate various types of sensor data to create a new value for several business decision scenarios. The transparent cloud is a model of a new IoT emergence service platform. Many service providers store and access various types of sensor data in order to create and find out new business values by integrating such data.
Oct. 10, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 611
The broad selection of hardware, the rapid evolution of operating systems and the time-to-market for mobile apps has been so rapid that new challenges for developers and engineers arise every day. Security, testing, hosting, and other metrics have to be considered through the process. In his session at Big Data Expo, Walter Maguire, Chief Field Technologist, HP Big Data Group, at Hewlett-Packard, will discuss the challenges faced by developers and a composite Big Data applications builder, focusing on how to help solve the problems that developers are continuously battling.
Oct. 10, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 523
There are so many tools and techniques for data analytics that even for a data scientist the choices, possible systems, and even the types of data can be daunting. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Harrold, Global CTO for Big Data Solutions for EMC Corporation, will show how to perform a simple, but meaningful analysis of social sentiment data using freely available tools that take only minutes to download and install. Participants will get the download information, scripts, and complete end-to-end walkthrough of the analysis from start to finish. Participants will also be given the pract...
Oct. 10, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 343
WebRTC: together these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Cary Bran, VP of Innovation and New Ventures at Plantronics and PLT Labs, will provide an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it may enable, complement or entirely transform.
Oct. 10, 2015 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 773
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dyn, the worldwide leader in Internet Performance, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Dyn is a cloud-based Internet Performance company. Dyn helps companies monitor, control, and optimize online infrastructure for an exceptional end-user experience. Through a world-class network and unrivaled, objective intelligence into Internet conditions, Dyn ensures traffic gets delivered faster, safer, and more reliably than ever.
Oct. 10, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 665
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, will introduce the technologies required for implementing these ideas and some early experiments performed in the Kurento open source software community in areas ...
Oct. 10, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 791