|By Marketwired .||
|April 14, 2014 08:01 AM EDT||
SEATTLE, WA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/14/14 -- In advance of #ChefConf 2014, Chef, the leader in web-scale IT automation, today announced that the company is working with a diverse group of leading technology providers. Their goal is to enable enterprise businesses to better deliver their goods and services to customers. Chef's comprehensive partner program provides technology partners with a direct route to tight integration with Enterprise Chef. The program includes joint marketing and sales opportunities and access to extensive training resources. Through a series of collaborative engineering, marketing, and sales efforts, Chef and its technology providers are turbocharging businesses.
Enterprises must move at a pace that anticipates customer expectations. Developers and IT operations teams need tools that allow them to satisfy consumer demand, and to react to changes in real time and at scale. A February 2014 Gartner report entitled, "Strategic Technology Trend: Web-Scale Singularity Means Goodbye to Conventional IT Wisdom," (Cameron Haight) states that "The influence of DevOps on IT culture, tools, processes and organizational structure is resulting in the acceleration of application delivery and an environment of continuous experimentation." We believe this statement reinforces the fact that enterprises are looking to DevOps to help them move at ever-increasing speed.
With the enterprise demanding more speed and scale, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google, HP, IBM, Juniper Networks, Microsoft, Rackspace, VMware, and others are working with Chef to empower enterprises by providing ways to achieve faster software delivery and to improve collaboration between development and operations teams, all in the name of ensuring delightful customer experiences.
- Amazon Web Services: AWS uses Chef as the default automation engine for its application management solution, AWS Opsworks. Chef is also working with AWS Premier Consulting Partner, 2nd Watch, to deliver comprehensive support and services to customers by using Chef with AWS.
- Google: Chef integrates directly with Google Compute Engine (GCE) to provide robust configuration management, resource provisioning, and application deployment capabilities for GCE customers. For technical information on using Chef with GCE please go here.
- HP Cloud: Chef provides full integration with HP Cloud Services to deliver full stack infrastructure automation -- from server provisioning and configuration management to continuous delivery of infrastructure and applications. Here is information on HP's OpenStack technology-based public cloud.
- IBM: Chef integrates with IBM SmartCloud to automate configuration management and application delivery in IBM's OpenStack-powered cloud. IBM has released cookbooks for both SmartCloud and its WebSphere Application Server Liberty Profile. These provide reusable code for rapid resource provisioning and full application lifecycle management. In addition, Chef recently released test code that supports the IBM AIX operating system.
- Juniper Networks: Chef recently released full integration with Juniper Junos OS for streamlining the configuration of networking infrastructure.
- Microsoft: Chef provides a single platform for automating Windows and Linux systems on-premise and in Microsoft Azure. By delivering native integration with PowerShell and the Microsoft Azure cloud portal, Chef enables Windows users to easily manage on-premise workloads and to streamline migrations to Microsoft Azure. Microsoft Open Technologies has released its own collection of Chef cookbooks that offer the Chef community rock-solid code for automating the provisioning and management of compute and storage instances in the Microsoft Azure cloud. For detailed information on using Chef with Microsoft Azure, please watch this demo.
- Rackspace: Rackspace is using Enterprise Chef for its DevOps Service. The Rackspace DevOps Automation Service now offers Enterprise Chef to automate the scaling of its hybrid cloud infrastructure and applications.
- VMware: Chef integrates with VMware's vCloud Automation Center (vCAC) to deliver self-service application deployment in vCloud environments. With Chef and vCAC, users can easily automate the configuration and delivery of resources and applications in vCloud environments.
Partners Talk Chef at #ChefConf:
#ChefConf 2014 features a comprehensive collection of technology providers speaking about Chef integrations and collaborations. Partner presentations include:
- Jonathan Weiss, AWS, "AWS OpsWorks under the Hood"
- Niek Bartholomeus, BMC, "Orchestration in Meatspace"
- Nick Stinemates, Docker, "Chef and Docker"
- Eric Johnson, Google, "Cooking with Google Compute Engine"
- Moe Abdula, "Delivering at the Speed of Tomorrow with Cloud" (Keynote)
- Tim Puyer, IBM, "IBM DevOps for Cloud Delivers Smarter Apps at Market Speed"
- Mark Russinovich, Microsoft, Keynote
- Jeff Mendoza, Microsoft, "Cooking in the Cloud: Chef and Microsoft Azure"
- Matt Barlow, Rackspace, "Managing Many Customers, Many Chefs, and Tons of Cookbooks"
- VMware, "VMware and Chef: How to Build, Deploy & Manage Modern Applications"
"The tremendous support we're receiving from the most forward-leaning of today's technology providers further validates Chef's pole position as the de facto standard for web-scale IT automation. We appreciate so many great collaborators investing time and resources into Chef to help businesses move at the speed of customer demand."
- Ken Cheney, vice president of business development, Chef
- Get started with Chef
- Learn more about Enterprise Chef
- Follow Chef on Twitter @chef
- Join us at ChefConf 2014
We are Chef -- the leader in web-scale IT automation. We give you a model for automating IT infrastructure and applications that drive self-reliance across your development and operations teams. We are the Chef community. We are tens of thousands strong. We are helping your businesses become faster, safer and more flexible, so you win in today's 24x7 digital economy. Join our movement today. www.getchef.com
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 24, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,036
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Aug. 24, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,158
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 24, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,899
Akana has announced the availability of version 8 of its API Management solution. The Akana Platform provides an end-to-end API Management solution for designing, implementing, securing, managing, monitoring, and publishing APIs. It is available as a SaaS platform, on-premises, and as a hybrid deployment. Version 8 introduces a lot of new functionality, all aimed at offering customers the richest API Management capabilities in a way that is easier than ever for API and app developers to use.
Aug. 24, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,384
Personalization has long been the holy grail of marketing. Simply stated, communicate the most relevant offer to the right person and you will increase sales. To achieve this, you must understand the individual. Consequently, digital marketers developed many ways to gather and leverage customer information to deliver targeted experiences. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lou Casal, Founder and Principal Consultant at Practicala, discussed how the Internet of Things (IoT) has accelerated our abil...
Aug. 24, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,848
With so much going on in this space you could be forgiven for thinking you were always working with yesterday’s technologies. So much change, so quickly. What do you do if you have to build a solution from the ground up that is expected to live in the field for at least 5-10 years? This is the challenge we faced when we looked to refresh our existing 10-year-old custom hardware stack to measure the fullness of trash cans and compactors.
Aug. 24, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,572
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions wi...
Aug. 24, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,846
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Aug. 24, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,800
I wanted to gather all of my Internet of Things (IOT) blogs into a single blog (that I could later use with my University of San Francisco (USF) Big Data “MBA” course). However as I started to pull these blogs together, I realized that my IOT discussion lacked a vision; it lacked an end point towards which an organization could drive their IOT envisioning, proof of value, app dev, data engineering and data science efforts. And I think that the IOT end point is really quite simple…
Aug. 23, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,206
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 23, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,482
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Aug. 23, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,972
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Aug. 23, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,747
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Aug. 23, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,632
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 23, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,798
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Aug. 23, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,500
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Aug. 23, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,410
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Aug. 23, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,717
In today's uber-connected, consumer-centric, cloud-enabled, insights-driven, multi-device, global world, the focus of solutions has shifted from the product that is sold to the person who is buying the product or service. Enterprises have rebranded their business around the consumers of their products. The buyer is the person and the focus is not on the offering. The person is connected through multiple devices, wearables, at home, on the road, and in multiple locations, sometimes simultaneously...
Aug. 23, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,224
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Aug. 23, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,040
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Aug. 23, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,628