|By Marketwired .||
|June 25, 2014 08:02 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/25/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Enhancements to Oracle's ZFS Storage ZS3 Series provide a fast, efficient way to accelerate virtual machine (VM) deployment and monitoring, while virtually eliminating boot storms. The midrange ZFS Storage ZS3-2 can boot over 16,000 simultaneous VMs in under seven minutes. Cloud capabilities have been extended in Oracle ZFS Storage OS 8.2, adding the OpenStack Cinder driver for simplified cloud provisioning and orchestration, and integrated RESTful management APIs to enable customers to use common methods to deploy public and private clouds and provide IT as a service. Oracle ZFS Storage Appliances provide over 200 PB of storage for Oracle's public and private cloud offerings.
- Oracle ZFS Storage Appliances with Oracle ZFS Storage OS 8.2 are ideal for modern cloud and virtual server environments, enabling customers to simplify IT infrastructure, reduce capital and operational expenses, and deliver reliable, high performance, economical cloud storage.
- Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-2 now supports more than 16,000 VM boots from a single platform in under seven minutes. The system easily handles unpredictable VM workloads which saturate conventional NAS storage systems and provides enterprises with unparalleled levels of protection against boot storms.
- The new OS powers Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-2's new world records.
- With Oracle ZFS Storage OS 8.2, Oracle's ZFS Storage Appliances now support OpenStack Cinder and a complete set of RESTful management APIs to enable customers to easily take advantage of the VM scalability of Oracle's ZS3 Series storage to deploy private cloud environments and IT as a service.
- The application engineered Oracle ZFS Storage Appliances join Oracle's portfolio of software and hardware with OpenStack support including Oracle Solaris 11.2, Oracle Linux and Oracle VM.
- Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-2 now scales to 1.5 PB capacity and 1TB memory per cluster and provides a powerful, cost-effective entry point into the ZFS Storage Appliance Series that can significantly increase performance and efficiency in high-density VM environments, while lowering CAPEX and OPEX.
- Deployed with the Virtual Compute Appliance and Oracle software, the Oracle's ZFS Storage ZS3 Series provides unique application engineered storage capabilities, unavailable with third-party products, which help improve performance and increase storage and management efficiency.
- Oracle ZFS Storage Appliances provide over 200 PB of public and private cloud storage inside Oracle. Oracle is now the second largest cloud SaaS company in the world.
- "Today's heavily virtualized data centers demand efficient, high-performance storage in order to avoid performance issues and operational disruption caused by unpredictable virtual machine workloads and boot storms," said Scott Tracy, vice president, Storage Software, Oracle. "The new capabilities delivered by the Oracle ZS3 storage systems provide valuable architectural benefits and superb analytics to support high-density virtualized environments. As a result, customers are able to keep their operations running at full speed in order to remain agile and respond to valuable business opportunities."
- "M&R Printing undertook a major consolidation and virtualization initiative using Oracle's ZFS Storage Appliance to support Oracle Database 11g production and dev/test environments," said Jason Coe, IT Manager, M&R, Inc, one of the world's largest manufacturers of screen printing equipment. "The initiative has been an enormous success, as we've achieved significant savings and gained scalability, as well as unimaginable flexibility and performance in our IT environment."
- Oracle's ZS3 Series Storage
- Usability Comparison White Paper: Oracle ZFS Storage vs. NetApp FAS Storage
- Oracle Storage Benchmarks
- Oracle Database
- Oracle Hardware on Facebook, Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 17, 2017 11:45 AM EST Reads: 4,168
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and E...
Jan. 17, 2017 11:45 AM EST Reads: 5,698
SYS-CON Events announced today that Linux Academy, the foremost online Linux and cloud training platform and community, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. Industry leaders in quality training, provided services, and student certification passes, its goal is to c...
Jan. 17, 2017 11:45 AM EST Reads: 1,898
IoT is at the core or many Digital Transformation initiatives with the goal of re-inventing a company's business model. We all agree that collecting relevant IoT data will result in massive amounts of data needing to be stored. However, with the rapid development of IoT devices and ongoing business model transformation, we are not able to predict the volume and growth of IoT data. And with the lack of IoT history, traditional methods of IT and infrastructure planning based on the past do not app...
Jan. 17, 2017 11:15 AM EST Reads: 419
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Jan. 17, 2017 10:30 AM EST Reads: 2,728
In the next five to ten years, millions, if not billions of things will become smarter. This smartness goes beyond connected things in our homes like the fridge, thermostat and fancy lighting, and into heavily regulated industries including aerospace, pharmaceutical/medical devices and energy. “Smartness” will embed itself within individual products that are part of our daily lives. We will engage with smart products - learning from them, informing them, and communicating with them. Smart produc...
Jan. 17, 2017 10:30 AM EST Reads: 1,621
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Jan. 17, 2017 10:00 AM EST Reads: 5,739
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, discussed the best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Jan. 17, 2017 08:00 AM EST Reads: 1,949
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Jan. 17, 2017 07:45 AM EST Reads: 5,892
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Jan. 17, 2017 07:00 AM EST Reads: 6,768
The best-practices for building IoT applications with Go Code that attendees can use to build their own IoT applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Indraneel Mitra, Senior Solutions Architect & Technology Evangelist at Cognizant, provided valuable information and resources for both novice and experienced developers on how to get started with IoT and Golang in a day. He also provided information on how to use Intel Arduino Kit, Go Robotics API and AWS IoT stack to build an application tha...
Jan. 17, 2017 06:30 AM EST Reads: 3,766
Every successful software product evolves from an idea to an enterprise system. Notably, the same way is passed by the product owner's company. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Oleg Lola, CEO of MobiDev, will provide a generalized overview of the evolution of a software product, the product owner, the needs that arise at various stages of this process, and the value brought by a software development partner to the product owner as a response to these needs.
Jan. 17, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 1,129
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a client-oriented software development company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex softw...
Jan. 17, 2017 04:15 AM EST Reads: 1,809
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Jan. 17, 2017 03:45 AM EST Reads: 2,718
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 17, 2017 03:45 AM EST Reads: 3,538
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Jan. 17, 2017 03:00 AM EST Reads: 621
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jan. 17, 2017 12:45 AM EST Reads: 6,028
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Jan. 16, 2017 09:00 PM EST Reads: 7,467
"LinearHub provides smart video conferencing, which is the Roundee service, and we archive all the video conferences and we also provide the transcript," stated Sunghyuk Kim, CEO of LinearHub, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 16, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,560
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 16, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 3,613